• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need 2 Speed Transmission Feedback

mvaughn12

I want to order the 2 speed tranny for my chimera but I want some feedback from those who have received and installed and ran theirs. LOL I'd like the Pros and Cons and have you noticed better performance also what else would you reccomend when ordering the tranny?

Ildy666

Seems every post about the 2speed is positive.mine is installed but to much crap on the ground to run it proper.but if it performs the way its looks should be a no brainer....

G

<--- Demon RC to the left produces and sells the 2 speed setup.

Corso

Old thread, but is this thing (2-spd tranny) still available?

Corso

RampageHopUps said:
No, he is gone. It takes a lot of effort to make that many parts. We need a machine shop to step up and make a 2 speed.
No kidding? Thanks for heads-up.

Just running my truck for the first time last weekend, and on long high-speed straights I was saying to myself, "man, this thing could use an extra speed." So hitting the Google, I stumbled into this....lol.

Cheers.

Ice_2k

Afaik, the ones on ebay are an "early prototype" with multiple problems.

Ice_2k

RampageHopUps said:
I'm hoping we can get someone to fund a new one.
You mean fund a new design or use DemonRC's design? Seems like people were happy with it, it would be great if someone could take over that design and build it.

RampageHopUps

That was the partner company to the US guy who went out of business. They continue to sell the prototype version, which never really worked well. Maybe they fixed it?? Buy one and report back please....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts