• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My XBE

MSLR

Hi all
Thought I would share some photos of my XB-E. It all started standard until I blew the motor so it was time to be modified
Starting from the front
Standard and steering servo still standard
Motor is a sky rc toro beast 910 kv and esc is a hobbywing max 5
Motor mount is one I made with the extra bracing to accommodate the bigger motor. My current setup is running on 8s with 10t pinion and standard spur IMG_8895.JPG IMG_8896.JPG IMG_8898.JPG IMG_8900.JPG IMG_8571.JPG
Have fitted up some hostile rear hub carriers from a hpi 5b using the hpi rear hub drives.
Also using 5b front wheels all round

MSLR

@MSLR Interesting mod. Did everything fit properly or did you have to modify some parts?
All that had to be done to fit the hostile rear hubs was make up a spacer for the hubs to fit as the hostile hubs are not as wide plus had to drill out the hinge pin holes on the lower arm to fit the hub carriers ( same dia as the baja 5b ) I made my own pins. As for to mounts I used the original top rod end. IMG_8530.JPG

designed2survive

All that had to be done to fit the hostile rear hubs was make up a spacer for the hubs to fit as the hostile hubs are not as wide plus had to drill out the hinge pin holes on the lower arm to fit the hub carriers ( same dia as the baja 5b ) I made my own pins. As for to mounts I used the original top rod end. View attachment 13512

@MSLR Looks good! First I have seen it done!

MSLR

@MSLR Looks good! First I have seen it done!
Thanks. The handling so much better now being able to keep it in a straight line. Only problem have now just blown out a inner rear tire foam
Does anyone have suggestions what the best inner foam would be ? ( I am using 5b front wheels )

MSLR

@MSLR Can't go wrong with hostile zero growth foam insert for 5b.
Do you have a link for the zero growth foams ? The reason I ask will the hard compound hostile zero growth foams are design for the 5t which has a bigger dia of 190mm tyre and the 5b has a dia of 170mm, will the 5b tyres fit over the foams and keep the overall dia to 170mm ?

Last edited:

designed2survive

Do you have a link for the zero growth foams ? The reason I ask will the hard compound hostile zero growth foams are design for the 5t which has a bigger dia of 190mm tyre and the 5b has a dia of 170mm, will the 5b tyres fit over the foams and keep the overall dia to 170mm ?

@MSLR I forgot that hostile no longer make the zero growth for front 5b tires. They used to but realized that it was unnecessary/overkill since the traction was not at the front therefore the regular foam insert was just fine.

Unfortunately you are using front 5b tires in the back so your only option is to go with the rear hostile 5b foam insert or change tires to 5b rear ones or 5t ones.

MSLR

Ok thanks for the info. Have been searching on the internet and seen there has been some success with using drywall tape been wrapped around the inner foam on the big horse power bajas so going to look at that. Don't really want to go to the 5t wheels as at the moment I have found the sweet spot with my gearing and motor temps. Also when I pulled the tyre off found a cut in the side wall :vomit: so think that could have been the cause of the foam exploding.

MSLR

Rovan provides free shipping no minimum and has a 5% coupon code, or just ask them, Dan will hook you up.
That's for the US only, not for overseas shipping

MSLR

How do you like that sky rc toro beast 910 kv motor? was thinking about getting the 1090kv sky motor.
The motor has been a beast . Temps were really good with the combo of the hobbywing ESC and was getting 20 min run time even with the turnigy 5000 Mah 25 c lipos . I have just transferred the combo to my HPI Baja 5b and again the temps are really good

Rfdpa1

The motor has been a beast . Temps were really good with the combo of the hobbywing ESC and was getting 20 min run time even with the turnigy 5000 Mah 25 c lipos . I have just transferred the combo to my HPI Baja 5b and again the temps are really good
What are the diemensions in that motor?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.