• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My two screw loose

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Are you getting spark?
Will get back to you on this once I reassemble engine Deluge :D Oh... btw... the last time when I was trying to tighten my 2 bolt holding my intake manifold? I replace it with a new gasket. I checked today and I only got one of the bolt through the gasket! LOL!!!! So the gasket is dangling side way down the intake... that's probably why it didn't start :D Your thoughts?

About my engine... will probably have to contact Sean from OBR about it to get a new head.... my threads.... have completely fall apart like leaves... Weird..... will update here next time... please check back here guys...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Yeah, that's probably why it didn't start. Lol! The threads fell off? Weird. How does your plug look? I'm thinking maybe you were running a bit lean, the head got too hot and it weakened the threads. Let us know how it goes.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Yeah, that's probably why it didn't start. Lol! The threads fell off? Weird. How does your plug look? I'm thinking maybe you were running a bit lean, the head got too hot and it weakened the threads. Let us know how it goes.
Last run.... I was actually riching it out... for more fuel.... because I notice at high speed with the XB elevated.... it acts like its shifting gear.... so riched the HSN out about three hours.... seem to fix that problem. I never had the chance to fine tune it because I realize my manifold was loose and decided to stop running my engine... beside can't start my engine too after that.... I don't think it was lean.... is my point :D

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

ChuenouXiao said:
This is how it looks like now.... I believe this will prevent my engine from starting. Which is happening right now. How do I prevent this? This is the second time now....
Guys... I just recalled that the button that flew off was a Killer RC button :D going to install a CY button.... the CY button looks very sturdy so I might not have this problem again :D

G

I have not used any of my kill buttons since installing killer bee's in all my rides.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
You really don't need the button. You can connect the kill switch directly to the coil. And, Killer RC uses CY buttons.
Oh really? I have no idea..... but the CY button I bought from a local store seems very sturdy because the plastic covering over the button is attached very well onto the button. The Killer button don't even have a cover.... just like the OBR button too :D LOL!

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Oh really? I have no idea..... but the CY button I bought from a local store seems very sturdy because the plastic covering over the button is attached very well onto the button. The Killer button don't even have a cover.... just like the OBR button too :D LOL!
Ah, you're talking about the dust cover. Yeah, they sell those separately.

CY / RC Rubber Kill Switch Cover

G

ChuenouXiao said:
I agree but... even though I don't use it... I want it to be there for looks :D
I agree with ya. The hole in the shroud would bug me too.

G

Get a pic posted if you do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts