• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MY TT5 pushes in the turns

emu67

I have by buggy running well now and have learned the track so I don't crash much anymore. I'm noticing that the buggy pushes a lot in the turns under power. Any idea how to get more steering out of it. I'm running on a large-ish 1/8th scale track so it's tight for the rampage. need more turning ability!

pipeous

We don't have a lot of adjustment on these buggies. weight transfer... try raising the rear ride height and/or lowering the front. take a look at the xray website and download the manual for the XB8 buggy. it has a phenominal tuning guide in the front that explains what changes do and what things can be change to accomplish what you want

Clubin

Banned
Drop your diff oil wt. to 7000 front 3000 rear that;ll do it it will handle much beter. You could even try 3000 front and 1000 rear.

jaysyourhandyman

emu67 said:
I have by buggy running well now and have learned the track so I don't crash much anymore. I'm noticing that the buggy pushes a lot in the turns under power. Any idea how to get more steering out of it. I'm running on a large-ish 1/8th scale track so it's tight for the rampage. need more turning ability!
2 of us have modded a duel steering servos now with nearing 700 oz in of steering torque i can drift on the streetand turning under any conditions even full power and full speed 101_2049mail.jpg

/monthly_2008_11/101_2049mail.jpg.0d6b26604fbf3ac868fdd28ba48ff96f.jpg

mooman007uk

Banned
I always run the heavier oil in the rear...i know this isn't how everyone says to do it but i prefer to dive in the corner on the brakes, crank the steering and give er, I like oversteer in the corners rather than understeer (like the trophy and corr trucks) more fun and effort required than just point and squirt. I ran yesterday down at my lhs to show the guys there for a few mins in packed snow,now got 60000 in the front and 120000 in the rear....works real well for me and my mt can't wait for some mud to sling and powersliding.

emu67

okay, thanks for the suggestions and the link to the document. I'll do these changes and see what happens next. I've put more toe out and I've adjusted to have more negative camber. I'm ordering some 3000 wt diff oil to put in the front diff too. Hope I get that responsive steering that I'm looking for.

Ok...new update - the changes I made work great with more steering going into the turn, especially going in under power. Off-power steering is much better too. Ther still lots of push if you're going through the turn and then give it gas. So, I guess I'd still like more "in-turn", "on-throttle" steering. Guess I can't ask for more since the track I run at was bone dry at the time.

I'm liking the buggy more and more as I get used to it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.