• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My TT in stages

AlvaSpeed

When it was stock it was kind of slow off the line. Like a 4 cylinder with a big turbo.

Then i installed a DDM pipe. Big improvement from mid to top. faster off the line but not nitro fast.

Then I installed a lightweight flywheel, 8k rpm clucth spring and billet air filter.

Now it is nitro fast out off the line.

it is like a 1/8 nitro only bigger. I am very happy with it.

Raced it against a 30.5 Baja from a standstill and left him in the dust. No contest.

The Baja was faster on the top end for sure (we did some rolling starts)

Then I swapped the A and B gears because I was topping out very quickly and it was faster but going uphill you could see that it could use more motor.

I could have bought a race motor from the beggining but I am doing the improvements in stages just to learn more about the car and to tease the Baja guys.

They know whats coming.

Also the TT outhandles the Baja in braking and turning by far.

i even drove it in 2wd mode when I lost a front diff cup and it was more controllable than the baja that I was racing with.

Now I am going to install a 28.5 race ported top end first and then a race carb.

Well see what happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.