• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My revival of the O'beast build

G

Looks tough!

Ildy666

Looks great.also like the wheel base it fits the body nice...we should set up a bash.i live in north jersey...

Knuckles

Ok so bashed the hell out of it yesterday and broke something in rear diff on a power-on single rear wheeel landing (driver error? lol). Motor,exhaust produce great power and will pull front tires off the ground if hooked up good (even being extended 1/2 inch. I am an electric guy and have to tell you I like the gas way better then the nitro savage I had. Tuning is so much easier. Loving this truck

Knuckles

Grrrrr

So I thought I blew the rear diff in truck, pulled it a part to find diff is ok. It was something in the center diff. Have to take it apart and see what it is. Does the center drive cup have a grub screw? If no t I broke some kind of pin.

Knuckles

Thanks, so used to blowing up rear diffs with my flux I just went for that first. Live and learn. Happy that I did not break anything major.

Knuckles

Thanks

crazyfast said:
LOVE that body! Bad*ss truck my friend!
The thing is nuts, still working on it though. After installing pipe and tuning it kept heat soaking. Working on venting the tank and drilling some holes in the body to cool it down. I like the body, not the paint job. One of those trial paint job. Lol

crazyfast

Ever think about wrapping the pipe with header wrap? It drastically reduces the radiant heat from the exhaust.

Knuckles

Ok, so after a bit of run time I found a couple of problems. Needed to vent the gas tank, found that the fastlane machine parts (any drive cups), cracked or broke. Possibly over hardened. Jamie at fastlane is working on updated version. For now I am running hardened Redcat parts and they seem to be holding up. FLM dogbone are great though.

I have to say thank you to Rob at RAMPAGESHOP.COM for all the redcat parts. Ol'fart for the 7075rc parts, and Phatcat racing for shock towers and rear chassis braces.

I have found gassers to be alot of fun and I think I built a pretty bulletproof truck.

phreerider

the fat shocks are no joke man! sick unit

rampage idiot

Knuckles said:
They work great, I beat the snot at ouf them.
That's good, I run them on my MT, but do you know if those are fronts all the way around? I can't tell by the pics

Knuckles

Started xt up for the first time this year, ran it. This thing is so much fun but I have to sell it. The noise is too much for where I run it. I put it up in for sale section. I edited the price from original and including radio. If anybody interested check out for sale section. Send me a pm

G

What radio are you including? Your ad doesn't say...

This is an awesome build folks, I hope someone here gets this amazing vehicle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.