• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage MT wont start for breakin

Dusty

Looks freaking awesome though great paintjob makes those wheels POP!

Thanks man , now if I could just keep this thing running . Did you ever get your to start up ? I was running in a field today and as I was running back tomorrow’s me it just died out and won’t restart . I have spark and know it’s not venting ... I run a motorcycle vent on my cap . Doesn’t fill like it has the compression it should though . About to make a post asking for suggestions lmao

Kevin's xb

What carb would be a better choice for high speed recovery. I was thinking the 813 for the accelerator pump. Just want more than stock carb it sucks. I love in the Smokey mtns of Tennessee in Gatlinburg and because of the elevation im having to lean it out for performance but don't want to ruin my engine yet. It be 3 weeks or more before the New Rovan 45cc arrives. Anyways any help with this. What's the best choice out of the 3 carbs, 813-990-or the 1107. HELP ! ! ! ! ! !

Kevin's xb

What carb would be a better choice for high speed recovery. I was thinking the 813 for the accelerator pump. Just want more than stock carb it sucks. I love in the Smokey mtns of Tennessee in Gatlinburg and because of the elevation im having to lean it out for performance but don't want to ruin my engine yet. It be 3 weeks or more before the New Rovan 45cc arrives. Anyways any help with this. What's the best choice out of the 3 carbs, 813-990-or the 1107. HELP ! ! ! ! ! !
The PROS of RC Family need answer asap need to order when get some feedback tired of running the 668 P.O.S carb.

Impalassman

Not sure its best for youbut I'm trying the 1107. May be good for you having a choke up in the mountains.

Phill

The PROS of RC Family need answer asap need to order when get some feedback tired of running the 668 P.O.S carb.

990 is nothing but trouble unless you carry starter fluid with you.
I chucked mine and went back to 668.
1107 is good for 32cc motor.
Maybe you've got a faulty 668 if you're having problems with it?

Dusty

If it's a 32 it should have an 1107 on it stock.
Everything I’ve read from ppl redcat uses 668 as their factory carb on both motors . In the motors booklet it doesn’t say anything other than walbro and the part number used by HY

Phill

I may be wrong but every 32 I've seen ahs an 1170.
Maybe someone else can chime in.
I know for sure it was a 668 clone on the smaller motors.

Dusty

If it is an actual Waldron 1107 I just ordered a high performance 1107 with shaft bearing with an ada billet manifold to try to fix my issue on my truck ..

Phill

Shaft bearing is great.
Did you get the Teflon gaskets to go with the manifold?

Dusty

L
Shaft bearing is great.
Did you get the Teflon gaskets to go with the manifold?
Phil we keep jumping from this post to my post ...hahahah
Yeah the one ordered it says it comes with it . It suppose to be a true fit for the engine inlet as well the factory manifold opening is smaller I guess . Hope it works but if not on to the next scenario . Honestly if this don’t work I’m just gonna buy a zenoah long block 32.cc and shorty clutch housing to fit the zenoah . Most everything else externally is suppose to transfer and be able to be used . A zenoah long block is like $169.00 from DDM .

Phill

The teflon worked great for me but in the end I replaced my factory 30.5 motor (just too many probs) with a Zen 290 and haven't had a problem.
The Zen intake is supposed to be "metalised" and it's been there for 5+ years

Impalassman

Its allliiiiiiive thanks to everyone that gave me a idea of what to do seems the coil was bad. Also put on the new 1107. My 32 did not come with a 1107. Also put on a aluminum intake with the Teflon gaskets. Special thanks to G-Man he really seems knowledgeable and was ready to help me. Was about ready to sell my new baby LOL. Thanks again everyone. BRRRRRRAAAAAP! BRRRRRRAAAAAP!

Phill

Its allliiiiiiive thanks to everyone that gave me a idea of what to do seems the coil was bad. Also put on the new 1107. My 32 did not come with a 1107. Also put on a aluminum intake with the Teflon gaskets. Special thanks to G-Man he really seems knowledgeable and was ready to help me. Was about ready to sell my new baby LOL. Thanks again everyone. BRRRRRRAAAAAP! BRRRRRRAAAAAP!

Great news.
I thought all 32s came with the 1107 but obviously not.

Dusty

That’s awesome man , Im happy for you bro truly ! It’s agonizing when you look at this thing ,try this ,try that & get the same results ! I was there with a dead coil half way through break in and redcat warrantied the coil . But I believe their coil is a cheap CHEAP model. $8.50 from them if you buy or $25-$35 from DDM . Im still running the replacement redcat sent me but have a zenoah coil sitting in my wish list with DDM . I’ll be back out bashing again soon enough one way or another though .

Impalassman

Yeah the zenoah coil got my engine poplin!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online