• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage XB project

phreerider

right on, cage looks nice , the bumper tab in front love that!

sounds like good running!

designed2survive

rcgasser said:
Sounds like a blast I would love to see some video!!
I will definitely make one!

phreerider said:
right on, cage looks nice , the bumper tab in front love that!sounds like good running!
Yup! Love that bumper too and it braces up to 1/3 of the under chassis.

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

Very nice running what gearing are you running??? I only ask because you can tell you still have plenty power left that you can go taller in the gears and get even more speed.. Ver sweet run on a super nice build.

designed2survive

Thanks guys!

I'm using stock gearing. You're right there is still more power to use with the proper gearing. I may switch A and B and see how it does.

rcgasser

Ok great you might have to switch to some FG gears if you want even taller gears. But yes switching the A and B gears will give you some more top end. What a great run.

designed2survive

rcgasser said:
Ok great you might have to switch to some FG gears if you want even taller gears. But yes switching the A and B gears will give you some more top end. What a great run.
Thanks!

I could go with 35/25 redact gears if 31/29 are too short. But I don't get why the redcat 25 gears only comes in packs of 3 instead of one.

designed2survive

Ildy666 said:
Nice run...A two speed would be the cherry on top.everything else is done....
Thanks!

If only DemonRc was not MIA, that would be sweet. Don't know what to make of the ones they sale on ebay.

rcgasser

You are running a 320 you will get way better power on taller gearing then you would out of the 2 speed the 2 speed is better if you are using stock or lower CC motors with higher revs. The 320 is such a torque monster all ready so you will not need the lower gearing offered in the 1st gear so what will happened with the 2 speed that you will still wind out the gearing too fast and still not run to the motor full rev speed. Look on you tube on those who have high powered engines with a 2 speed this video for example. If once he has it adjusted properly its still revs to high on full throttle that he can achieve more speed with taller gears.

Ildy666

Yea but you don't know what gear ratio that Losi has.

Plus u can't compare losi to redcat in this example

The set up is different

I have 2 two 2 speeds and I know you have 2 or 3 ur self.

But I don't think there all geared the same?

Torque is good it keeps ur clutch from trying to get it up there without heating so fast.i would believe the 32 would be good for a 2 speed but to each there own.

rcgasser

Yes I had one on my losi 5ive also and when I bought a ported OBR 320 and put it in the DR its the same result. the tall avail for the redcat is 40/16 gear even with that I tried on the DR with the OBR its to low on the first gear so you would get way to much spin out just barely hitting the gas with a 6K spring and very high revs with the top speed wanting so much more. The tallest gear you can get from demon on the losi is the 22T pinion which is only one tooth over what you can get from losi with the very high revs. I run the 320 engine with the BBRC 24t and clutch bell and it gives you way more speed over the demon 2 speed with out the high revs at WOT and the take off is more moderate and better under control. So that is why I said from my experience the 2 speed is great for stock or the lower CC engines with less torque and reeving. But with any high powered engine I promise you will have better result a faster running car with taller gears. As far as the clutch over heating I have never had any clutch problems on the redcat or the 5ive and on the 5ive its an open clutch carrier but it has not made any difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

the torque limit to shift on 2 speed is adjustable , but totally agree with more power and fixed gears. super hi torque and power is just gonna rip thru the 2 speed seemingly wasted on more powerful mills. a stock set up seems better balance of USABLE torque/ power for 2 speed . very tempted to get a tricky tranny , but much more inclined to go with more power and fixed gearing .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts