• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My new TT part 2

AlvaSpeed

No time for spare parts (long weekend comming) so I took a bolt and a nyloc nut put it throug the dogbone and presto...front wheel drive available.

Installed a DOM pipe and the car changed dramatically.

Left on friday to our country house to finish the break in and have the time to play with the buggy.

I really like this car.........

Apart from the slow get up and go, the mid to top range is great (nitro fast)

Felt like a turbo engine with some turbo lag.

The brakes are awesome.

The handling is great (on grass at least).

We made a track, raced with other 4 nitro cars and I was in front or behind a Ofna Mutilator with a .32 engine.

Jumped the car a few times and the rear left shock shaft broke so MacGiver time again....

Took heavy duty epoxy and put the remainig part of the shaft in, prayed for the best and....shock ready.

Went at it again and after 15 minutes or so the same dogbone lost the other pin (closest to the front diff)

So 2 wheel drive time!!!!!

See part 3

Clubin

Banned
There are a bunch of pre run checks that need to be done, heatshrink on all the drive cups is a big one. I installed HPI dog bone boots everywhere.

See part 5

AlvaSpeed

I am putting the drive cup savers and dog bone boots for sure.........

mooman007uk

Banned
I haven't had a pin come loose since i green loctited them, I also use boots as insurance.

As clubin says, do all the pre run fixes before you run and save yourself a lot of hassle. There are various threads with tips to follow for trouble free running.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.