• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

my new motor look like this !!

rc-driver

today i uninstalled my new motor. I found there is lof of dirt in the engine. this motor has definitely been used :eek:

IMG_2798.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

ZielkeRacing

It came to you like that out of the box or is that out of your rampage - you never ran it?? That motor is used.

rc-driver

ZielkeRacing said:
It came to you like that out of the box or is that out of your rampage - you never ran it?? That motor is used.
i never ran it , it is like this out of the box.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Did you buy the engine by itself from smewhere or from redcat?? If by itself from where??

DemonRC

I've got a topend sitting on my workbench that I use as an ashtray that looks newer than that! I'd send it back for a replacement.

rc-driver

Clubin said:
Give us more info about the engine. It definetly looks used, where did you buy it?
I bought it on the big chinese online store like ebay , but all of their warehouse is located in china . a fiasco .... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Clubin

Banned
Should have probaly bought from one of the dealers that advertise on this site. Sorry it happened, are they going to take responsability?

rc-driver

Clubin said:
Should have probaly bought from one of the dealers that advertise on this site. Sorry it happened, are they going to take responsability?
they will probably take the responsability , I will not buy any expensive stuff there again. scary....

kryptonite

hey clubin, he is in china, so options are limited.. but i cant believe someone sold that to you as "new".. my tt has about 6 gallons on it and it don't look like that!! what motor is it? and was it in your truck or did you buy the motor alone?

Z

ZielkeRacing

kryptonite said:
hey clubin, he is in china, so options are limited.. but i cant believe someone sold that to you as "new".. my tt has about 6 gallons on it and it don't look like that!! what motor is it? and was it in your truck or did you buy the motor alone?
Thats what I asked. He didnt respond, thats alot of oil and burnt look. The box it was delivered in should of smelled like holy hell....

Last edited:

rc-driver

ZielkeRacing said:
Thats what I asked. He didnt respond, thats alot of oil and burnt look. The box it was delivered in should of smelled like holy hell....
this engine come with the truck . bought it on the big chinese online store. the engine was made by a taiwan company called HY. the small is fresh out of the box , but......... :eek:

Z

ZielkeRacing

rc-driver said:
this engine come with the truck . bought it on the big chinese online store. the engine was made by a taiwan company called HY. the small is fresh out of the box , but......... :eek:
I would tell them what it looks like and send them a photo and at least want a new engine. Thats a bad deal there.

rc-driver

they are doing the investigation at the moment. this picture have been sent to them. HSP is big company there. I don't think they do it, probably someone take the new engine and put the old one on .

yolonda21

Contributor
What made you open it up? Did you run it at all? I would be *uckin pissed off if it were me!.....Good luck....♥ Got any more pics?

rc-driver

yolonda21 said:
What made you open it up? Did you run it at all? I would be *uckin pissed off if it were me!.....Good luck....♥ Got any more pics?
I found there is a lot of dirt around . when I unscrewed the glow plug. so I disassembled the engine to check it out and clean it. not been used by me at all .

rc-driver

I found there is a lot of dirt around . when I unscrewed the glow plug. so I disassembled the engine to check it out and clean it. not been used by me at all . it was like this out of the box. everything could happen there . I am a truely lucky one to have won this very specal version of ramp (a truck with a spoil and used engine) there. :mad:

another pic of this spoil engine

IMG_2800.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online