• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My New Electric Rally

blahbadabenji

I am pretty stoked to have gotten one of these. I will try to get more pics up and maybe some videos up in the near future. Seems pretty sweet though. I am going to be setting this thing up for on-road, so if anybody has any recommendations for stiffer, lower springs, I would love to hear them. I am aiming to get it down to about 1/2" clearance

I have replaced the stock tires/ rims with HPI Tarmac Busters and hope to try out the steel belted Hostile slicks once I get this thing dialed in

I also expect to go through the steering and use aluminum parts, maybe a arms too

blahbadabenji

orange ringsI like the orange rings too

20141217_140657.jpg

20141217_140657.jpg

/monthly_2015_01/20141217_140657.jpg.168add84176019a42f175b7734ca41a1.jpg

blahbadabenji

rims from HPI 5b rear

RampageHopUps said:
Looks good with those wheels. How did you get the wheels to fit?
I have a HPI Baja 5b and I just tried the rear wheels on it and they fit pretty good without doing anything. they fill out the wheel wells a bit better visually. You just need to use rear tires and rims on both front and back. I am gonna go run it tomorrow, I bet it will grip well, but it has just been real cold, so it is hard to tell

fwybluz

Contemplating a gas version of this car myself. Pretty cool wheel choice, dude! Should be more stable also. ;)

blahbadabenji

I think the gas would be super fun too, It is a fun car. I finally got a chance to run it and it is quite fast and will drift if you put some power into a corner. I cant wait to get awarm/hot day to see what happens when the tires heat up. this thing handles very well. almost a bit too much steering with the big tires, I am going to see if I can mellow that out a bit or just run some real sticky slicks on the back. I think this thing will be a beast on the track

Ol' fart

Right now you front diff it tilted 10 degrees, great for the dirt but if you going to keep it on the street it should be closer to 3. You can bend it down if your carfull but get it right the first time 'cause it will crack if you go back and forth.

blahbadabenji

Ol said:
Right now you front diff it tilted 10 degrees, great for the dirt but if you going to keep it on the street it should be closer to 3. You can bend it down if your carfull but get it right the first time 'cause it will crack if you go back and forth.
Thanks for the tip, I think I will give it a try

phreerider

very nice, orange is deluxe ! belted slicks would be the ticket. electric has to be brutally quick !

road action is fun with gas definitely easier on the parts, eats clutches a fraction quicker, but much less everything else but tires!

lordachoo

Team Driver
blahbadabenji said:
I am pretty stoked to have gotten one of these. I will try to get more pics up and maybe some videos up in the near future. Seems pretty sweet though. I am going to be setting this thing up for on-road, so if anybody has any recommendations for stiffer, lower springs, I would love to hear them. I am aiming to get it down to about 1/2" clearance I have replaced the stock tires/ rims with HPI Tarmac Busters and hope to try out the steel belted Hostile slicks once I get this thing dialed in

I also expect to go through the steering and use aluminum parts, maybe a arms too
blahbadabenji, how much play do you have on your HPI rims when you did this?

I tried HPI 5b rims on mine, and it had a ton of play in the hex wheel - the one on the XR-E seems a bit smaller. Just wondering if you ran it like that and if it's OK.

lordachoo

Team Driver
Hmm, I'll try that, those just look flat right?

The play I see is that the hex on the wheel hub is smaller than the hex size on the HPI 5b rim side. Do these help for that or did you ignore that?

RampageHopUps

You would have to get a strip of 1 mm thick aluminum and bend it around the hex.

Or ask some 3-D printer guy to start making inserts to take up the slack!!

Ice_2k

lordachoo said:
Hmm, I'll try that, those just look flat right?The play I see is that the hex on the wheel hub is smaller than the hex size on the HPI 5b rim side. Do these help for that or did you ignore that?
Ah, my bad, I meant the play the adapters have on the axle, not the wheel itself on the adapter. I'm using the vertigo adapters and didn't notice any play when using the hpi rims. I'll double check the next time I take the car out but I'm pretty sure it's a tight fit.

RampageHopUps

Ice has the Dunerunner, which uses the exact Baja rear hubs.

I think I am the only one that has the pin style adapter for the XR, but it pushes them out 1/2" on each side.

I will have plastic inserts for you to try out this weekend.

lordachoo

Team Driver
Hi Rob,

The plastic inserts could work. I would test them for you ;)

My poor printrbot 3D printer sits in a giant tote box, neglected... :( -- along with ~20-30 spools of filament.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.