• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My neighbors though my rampage was loud...

mark '87 930

I really shouldn't be playing with my car in the back yard as it's so small.. but sometimes in the middle of the day, I need to smell some bringing two stroke oil.

So I made myself a 'muffle' to dampen the noise, and it works quite well.

I clamped a rubber hose which I perforated with tons of .5cm holes. I put some insulation/packing in the bear cans, sealed it up and away I go.

Take a look.

Yup, those are beer cans..well, .5 anyways.

krashkrieg

Contributor
That's a riot!...One Fosters oil can you could really stuff some baffling in... :D

mark '87 930

I thought it was pretty trashy.. but I love it. It's on with a pipe clamp, so I can take it out when I go out in the field. That way I can do 10-20 laps when I want to in the yard.. or chase away bratty kids or squirrels.

It is very quiet actually. I was surprised at how much noise went disappeared. you know that high pitched poped two strokes make.. that's all gone.

rob64n

Contributor
Sweet, I myself consider to keep it loud when a guy 10 houses down told me to pack up my sh#$ and leave. Well guess who moved last month, not me.LOL

jackson

same here

i used to get that a lot till my neyghbors got the facts that i was not living either stoping playing every now and than one comes along and tells me that there's places where i can play with that "noise thing of yours" and my answer is always the same, i like playing down the street, well am moving but not becouse of them is for some other reasons, still just got a FG torque pipe that my new hood will love me for that!

Last edited by a moderator:

chevy

You should put on the x-can and do small ovals in front of their house haha I like the beercan silencer only thing is its not budweiser :)

DemonRC

If anybody ever stands in the driveways giving me the evil eye while I drive my car (which is rare and only for a few minutes at a time) I go grab my shotty and stand in the garage while cleaning it. Not many guns are scarier than a Remington 870 tactical 12 gauge with a pistol gripped M4A1 style telescoping stock :D . They get the drift real quick. People on my street don't even look at me anymore. You should try it. Keeps the dam solicitors at bay too.

rob64n

Contributor
DemonRC said:
If anybody ever stands in the driveways giving me the evil eye while I drive my car (which is rare and only for a few minutes at a time) I go grab my shotty and stand in the garage while cleaning it. Not many guns are scarier than a Remington 870 tactical 12 gauge with a pistol gripped M4A1 style telescoping stock :D . They get the drift real quick. People on my street don't even look at me anymore. You should try it. Keeps the dam solicitors at bay too.
Very nice.LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts