• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My initial thoughts.

Clubin

Banned
Prety good considering the price.

My engine fit without any problems, the FG can won't fit if any one is wondering. It hits the back roll cage.

I put about 1/2 tank through it this evening. Seems good, it realy needs a pipe, my machined and ported ONB does not like that can! I am also running a 7500 DDM spring.

I had to vent the tank, that crazy check valve thing just doesn't work, it was pressurizing the tank and flooding the engine.

The HS 5745 fit perfect, I used the top holes and drilled the bottom ones out to mount the servo. I used a ACE 1015 for t/b that one fit perfect too, I used the supplied t/b horn, it is the same spline count as the ace.

One thing I noticed is it is geared very high, and it goes like stink once it has a bit of time to open up.

I think I am going to get a HPI Baja 5T body for it, the stocker doesn't do anything for me. lol

It is neat the way the car is made tighter and the rear drive shaft is on a angle. I think it would take a bit of work to get it to be 4x4.

I am happy with it so far.

I am not advedrtising any more for free. lol

Clubin

Banned
kryptonite said:
does it have a flat chassis? well not realy flat, but very little to no kick up on the nose?
It has a prety agressive kick up on the front. It is much larger than the tt or Mt.

C.B.

i put a 5b loud pipe on mine with a cy 28.5 i thought it was geared a little low being as how i now ripped a tire off the rim opps i put hpi rims and badlands on it

im also thinking oy a 5t body fit one up and it looks nice

this thing is doing good so far for me i need to get another set of gears for back up

Clubin

Banned
C.B. said:
i put a 5b loud pipe on mine with a cy 28.5 i thought it was geared a little low being as how i now ripped a tire off the rim opps i put hpi rims and badlands on it
im also thinking oy a 5t body fit one up and it looks nice

this thing is doing good so far for me i need to get another set of gears for back up
The on/off switch is next to impossible to get to.

I will do up a short video this weekend.

I am going to try a HPI red clutch spring, to see it that help's get rid of my low end bog.

C.B.

Clubin said:
The on/off switch is next to impossible to get to.
I will do up a short video this weekend.

I am going to try a HPI red clutch spring, to see it that help's get rid of my low end bog.
that switch is in a tight spot for sure. i have the ddm 7500 spring on mine with the big bore and a pipe this thing is crazy with to much low end personally i wouldnt go for the bigger spring.

i also tried it with a stock can and it was a gutless dog

Clubin

Banned
C.B. said:
that switch is in a tight spot for sure. i have the ddm 7500 spring on mine with the big bore and a pipe this thing is crazy with to much low end personally i wouldnt go for the bigger spring.
i also tried it with a stock can and it was a gutless dog
What pipe do you have on it?

C.B.

it doesn't fit right its above the wing look at the pics i posted under updates but it does work

that is it most shops sell it for 99 dollars that one is over priced

C.B.

i was wondering if mine had steel i didnt even pay attention when i mounted it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online