• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My first breakage

pup1970

I am sorry fo no pics, but was running at abaseball feild, fence all the way around, and I never checked the radio that came with my used mt, and had a short run away. What was weird was it hit a fence pole and busted the front bumper and the front dif case. Tha arm was ok and the pivot pin was straight too. I know I should have switched radios,, but it was the losi spektrum you get with the minis. I will rebind it with my M11 And probably get the PBKillswitch. It is still stock with excavators, and gutted muffler, but it seems real slow when compared to my 5b rtr. I think the 4wd and the gears on the side is what is robbing power. It would appear that w person with good skills, hopefully me, could make a direct drive from the motor to the bottom shaft using a belt or chain, I would think belt so it could still retain the "weak spot". Any thought on this? PYTHON??

DemonRC

pup1970 said:
It would appear that w person with good skills, hopefully me, could make a direct drive from the motor to the bottom shaft using a belt or chain, I would think belt so it could still retain the "weak spot". Any thought on this? PYTHON??
That actually isn't a very bad idea. The only problem I can see is getting belts in different sizes to accomodate for different pully ratios. Also, I wonder about a belt that small being thick enough to handle the power.

Chain drive shouldn't be a problem. Theres sprockets all over the internet in the sizes we need. I don't know how we would get em mounted up but I'm sure anybody that does any machining could whip up something. My only problem in this is the chain maintainance but that wouldn't be a huge deal considering I'm burning A/B gears like crazy. You just sparked some interest in me. I'm gonna search around for sprockets tonight.

pup1970

Considering my 1/4 sprint car runs direct from the motor to the axle with a belt, I would think it would work ok. I have an older wcm sprint here to with a cog belt that runs to a jackshaft. It has a tensioner on it, so belt length would not be a problem to change gears. Just loosen the idler pulley and adjust it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts