• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My first 1/5th scale

leenanj

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on this forum and my first 1/5 scale car.

I purchased a Rampage XSC short course about a month ago

and have had so much fun with it I turned around and purchased

a Rampage DuneRunner also.

The XSC ran great right from the start, strong off the line and top end.

The DuneRunner needed a bit of fooling around with to get it to run the

way the XSC ran. It was a dog off the line but really started to wind up

after about 100 feet. For me I like the snappy feel off the line.

I installed a 990 carb on it but no improvement in my opinion, and with no

choke it was a bear to start in cold weather so back went the stock

carb on it.

I finally swapped the exhaust from the XSC to the DR and holy crap it was real

snappy off the line, just the way I like.

I ended up drilling another hole in the DR exhaust stock muffler and now it runs

quit good low and high end.

So for now I am happy but with probably be looking for a tuned exhaust for

the DR.

Any Recommendations?

BertR

Welcome to the forum..Get a tuned pipe for both rigs and fine tune the carbs and you will be in heaven

Von

Hi everyone. I also just got a Dune Runner and it too is a dog off the line. I have a HPI Baja which is running a stock can exhaust and it is a beast off the line but the two wheel drive makes it hard to handle. Any way, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on gearing.

Chief409

Welcome to the Forums!

An X-CAN cures the 100' blues also. I have one on my Dune Runner, with some silicon pipe stingers to keep the exhaust off the wing and I'm happy...

Until next Christmas. I'm asking Santa for a OBR engine and a CPI pipe. And a 2 speed tranny! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

leenanj

Von said:
Hi everyone. I also just got a Dune Runner and it too is a dog off the line. I have a HPI Baja which is running a stock can exhaust and it is a beast off the line but the two wheel drive makes it hard to handle. Any way, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on gearing.
I was thinking of gearing change on the DR until I realized it was the stock exhaust that was the bottleneck. After drilling a 1 inch hole in the stock can, which basically makes it an X-Can but not as pretty I can now spin the tires taking off on cement.

jimmy

leenanj

Picture of my Dune RunnerFirst thing I did was move the receiver on/off switch to the side. :)

PC170018.jpg

PC170018.jpg

/monthly_2012_12/PC170018.jpg.4dfb25195cdb150db2223d4dd76d3dc2.jpg

rampagemt

Nice job relocating the switch that's what I am wanting to do but I got mesh on the sides of mine!!! Looks good dude

laxbro19

leenanj said:
I was thinking of gearing change on the DR until I realized it was the stock exhaust that was the bottleneck. After drilling a 1 inch hole in the stock can, which basically makes it an X-Can but not as pretty I can now spin the tires taking off on cement.jimmy
Do you have any pics of where you drilled the hole?

G

Welcome! Look'n good...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.