• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT Wheels and Tires

G-Man

Here is a video of a speed run in short grass and kind of lumpy surface. I am going to balance out the wheels and try again in the spring. But it isn't bad for a 40 pound rig. I am using a Zenoah g320rc engine, Walbro 990 carb, angled shred stack, stock hpi air filter, ddm racing aluminum carb insulator block, ddm Dominator side mount pipe, with a Stern-CNC Belt drive system, and Proline Mx43 tires using DGI one inch extenders.

G-Man

Also wanted to share the results of My two hours of misery changing out the MX43 to the Slingshot paddle tires. My drill hated Me afterwards!! I went to the LHS this weekend and bought 4 more wheels to mount the MX43 onto. Not going through that again lol

G-Man

Here is a video of a speed run in short grass and kind of lumpy surface. I am going to balance out the wheels and try again in the spring. But it isn't bad for a 40 pound rig. I am using a Zenoah g320rc engine, Walbro 990 carb, angled shred stack, stock hpi air filter, ddm racing aluminum carb insulator block, ddm Dominator side mount pipe, with a Stern-CNC Belt drive system, and Proline Mx43 tires using DGI one inch extenders.

Oh and I failed to mention I installed the Killer RC Drill Starter System

G-Man

which hex adapter did you use for mx43's. was it just any of the 24mm ones mentioned as above. Do you need the extenders?

are these worth a go http://kershawdesigns.com/Redcat-24mmHubs.htm
I used DGI one inch extended 24mm adapters to push the stance out a hair. I figured that would compensate for the Prolines being more narrow than stock. I gained about an inch overall width, it doesn't roll over anymore under heavy throttle on turns. I also had to drill out the centers of the wheels to fit. If you look I made support rings for around the hex out of some 6061 pipe I cut down and pressed on there. These wheels are made for the much lighter 20 pound Xmaxx , not a 40 pound gasser. So I took the extra precaution of making the rings. 20170716_185501.jpg

G-Man

20180224_195241.jpg Just got done installing the aluminum diff housings using helical crown and pinion gears this time. While waiting I boiled up some dye for these beadlocks. Turned out decent. A little darker than I'd like, but it's not bad.

G-Man

Looks good, explain the process of dying the beadlocks.
Thanks Man!! You can dye any light colored plastic using fabric dye and hot water in a pot. I used Rit brand. The water must be boiled then reduce the heat to a simmer pour the dye in, stir test the color using a ladle or spoon. Add dye until you like the color. Then drop in your parts and stir them up frequently. I did this for about a half hour. Pulled the beadlocks out and rinsed them off. Good to go

G-Man

What is th mesh on the windows?
Looks cool.
Thank You!!!
It is an aluminum hobby mesh used for art projects and sculptures. I figured it's aluminum, so if it gets wet it won't rust.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online