MT Wheels and Tires

G-Man

Junior Member
Messages
731
Likes
100
Location
Pittsburgh,PA
Thread starter #21
Here is a video of a speed run in short grass and kind of lumpy surface. I am going to balance out the wheels and try again in the spring. But it isn't bad for a 40 pound rig. I am using a Zenoah g320rc engine, Walbro 990 carb, angled shred stack, stock hpi air filter, ddm racing aluminum carb insulator block, ddm Dominator side mount pipe, with a Stern-CNC Belt drive system, and Proline Mx43 tires using DGI one inch extenders.

 

G-Man

Junior Member
Messages
731
Likes
100
Location
Pittsburgh,PA
Thread starter #22
Also wanted to share the results of My two hours of misery changing out the MX43 to the Slingshot paddle tires. My drill hated Me afterwards!! I went to the LHS this weekend and bought 4 more wheels to mount the MX43 onto. Not going through that again lol

 

G-Man

Junior Member
Messages
731
Likes
100
Location
Pittsburgh,PA
Thread starter #23
Here is a video of a speed run in short grass and kind of lumpy surface. I am going to balance out the wheels and try again in the spring. But it isn't bad for a 40 pound rig. I am using a Zenoah g320rc engine, Walbro 990 carb, angled shred stack, stock hpi air filter, ddm racing aluminum carb insulator block, ddm Dominator side mount pipe, with a Stern-CNC Belt drive system, and Proline Mx43 tires using DGI one inch extenders.

Oh and I failed to mention I installed the Killer RC Drill Starter System
 

G-Man

Junior Member
Messages
731
Likes
100
Location
Pittsburgh,PA
Thread starter #27
which hex adapter did you use for mx43's. was it just any of the 24mm ones mentioned as above. Do you need the extenders?

are these worth a go http://kershawdesigns.com/Redcat-24mmHubs.htm
I used DGI one inch extended 24mm adapters to push the stance out a hair. I figured that would compensate for the Prolines being more narrow than stock. I gained about an inch overall width, it doesn't roll over anymore under heavy throttle on turns. I also had to drill out the centers of the wheels to fit. If you look I made support rings for around the hex out of some 6061 pipe I cut down and pressed on there. These wheels are made for the much lighter 20 pound Xmaxx , not a 40 pound gasser. So I took the extra precaution of making the rings. 20170716_185501.jpg
 

G-Man

Junior Member
Messages
731
Likes
100
Location
Pittsburgh,PA
Thread starter #28
20180224_195241.jpg Just got done installing the aluminum diff housings using helical crown and pinion gears this time. While waiting I boiled up some dye for these beadlocks. Turned out decent. A little darker than I'd like, but it's not bad.
 

G-Man

Junior Member
Messages
731
Likes
100
Location
Pittsburgh,PA
Thread starter #31
Looks good, explain the process of dying the beadlocks.
Thanks Man!! You can dye any light colored plastic using fabric dye and hot water in a pot. I used Rit brand. The water must be boiled then reduce the heat to a simmer pour the dye in, stir test the color using a ladle or spoon. Add dye until you like the color. Then drop in your parts and stir them up frequently. I did this for about a half hour. Pulled the beadlocks out and rinsed them off. Good to go
 

Members online

Latest posts

Top