• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT Pro Braking Servo Problem??

pfrederi1

Hello All
Its been a lil bit since Ive been on here. Im sure this maybe has been brought up but i couldnt find the exact same issue Im having. What is up with the braking ?? Just when everythings working fine all of a sudden I have no braskes. Whats weird is the servo is moving (or appears to be moving) like it should but theres no braking power like before. I checked all my settings on my radio transmitter to make sure something wasnt changed. Does anyone have any ideas of what issue might be?? Iv e had a similar issue before and wasnt sure what it might be but i replaced the brake discs AND the servo. It started working fine but i still didnt isolate the problem and now it appears to be back. The servo I have installed is the Savox 0230MG (Digital). I cant keep ordersing new servos and brake discs and it hasnt even been a couple months since i installed them. This Tampage MT Pro seems to have a weird braking problem. Is there a way to isolate if its the servo or something else?? I put my finger against the servo horn and apllied braking and it seems strong enough but when i hook it back up to gthe linkage and apply brake the discs still turn with the brake fully applied.

BTW the Brake discs, Brake pads and Servo are all new. Replace couple months ago.

Thanks for input

Phill

I have the same problem with a Dunerunner
Adjusted the brakes and works fine by hand but not by servo?
Servo is all good.

pfrederi1

I have the same problem with a Dunerunner
Adjusted the brakes and works fine by hand but not by servo?
Servo is all good.
EXACTLY!!!! If i move the brake pad by hand it stops the discs but if i have the servo do it it moves but it doesn't seem to apply enuff force to stop the discs. Im not sure whats going on. This is a new servo. I also adjusted the brake link to engage sooner but nothing seems to fix this issue SMH. Any ideas?? Thx

pfrederi1

Any recommendations?? Either for a stronger more reliable throttle servo for the MT Pro and also want i can try to isolate this probalem??

Thanks

Phill

I was hoping someone would have an answer by now.
I even upped the end point on the brake servo until the rod was bending but still the same.
Works great by hand but not by servo.

Last edited:

edl

There is a spring on the servo rod have tried taking an allen wrench and loosen the collar and move it forward to add more tension to the spring.

dbonamy

Hello everybody I experienced the same problem on my Rampage MT after I switched the plastic break servo horn with the blue aluminum one. Sometimes the breaks would just fine and sometimes they wouldn’t stop at all. After doing some research on the problem what I found out was the little plastic adapter that is used on the servo to make the servo horn fit tight on the servo was the problem. So, I put the plastic servo horn back on and now my breaks work just fine.

Phill

Thanks for the reply.
I'm still running the plastic one but I'll take it off and check for wear in the splines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.