• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

mt keeps cutting out.

RampageCrazy26cc

put new coil on,still the same,think im just going to throw it up on the self and forget about it.all this thing dose is fight me.

Daddywoo

So you have checked the carb mounting and ensured the small vacuum hole is clear ?
Replaced coil plug carb fuel lines ? I'm wondering if it is mixture settings related. Or possibly a compression issue

RampageCrazy26cc

new carb,new fuel lines, triple checked the carb gaskets. idk what the hell is wrong.

Daddywoo

Have you tried spraying wd40 around the carb area, if revs climb then you have air leak.
New carb mixture setting off.
One option try old carb?

RampageCrazy26cc

wont run long enough to check for leaks.it fires right up. idles for 5 secs then dies. you try to give it gas its just bogs and dies

ambertbrereton2012

Hey buddy don't get demotivated as yet ,I went through some headaches of my own at the start but it's just making you more knowledgeable on your babe .And now that I have worked out all the little problems I can't even remember the last time I had to do any major adjustment to her .I just mix fuel ,charge the battery and bash away nonstop then drain my tank and carb ,clean up and put her away for the next time .I love it?.when u get her working properly she won't disappoint . One more thing the MT IS A BEAST and you will only really enjoy it when it's in rugged and dusty terrain, don't babe her ,make full use of those massive tyres, but just make shore your inner air filter is oiled to trap all the dust. I've also taken off the body and post so she looks like a mean buggy .The beauty of this beast is colorful low profile buggy look.

RampageCrazy26cc

factory carb,

lets see here.
new carb
new coil
new fuel line
new fuel filters
new spark plug.

it been running like a champ for the past 10 years, and all of a sudden its doing this.

Daddywoo

factory carb,

lets see here.
new carb
new coil
new fuel line
new fuel filters
new spark plug.

it been running like a champ for the past 10 years, and all of a sudden its doing this.
have you checked the filter thing in tank try running a length of fuel pipe directly through the filler to carb and try running it up, wouldn't risk driving it but rev it up will be ok. If it runs ok then got to be fikter thingy in tank.

owen91

it has a new carb, im just going to throw it on the shelf and forget about

had similar issue richening it up fixed it for
me play with the low and hi settings do a full turn counterclockwise richen it for the hell of it maybe even 2 turns
That is what i did

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts