• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

mt keeps cutting out.

RampageCrazy26cc

hey guys, back again.

got the mt out and tryed to run it. and of course ran awsome for the first 5mins, then started to cut out. have no clue whats going on with it.

i have replaced
spark plug
carb
new kill switch.

tank is vented,

runs great when cold.but once it gets hot it starts doing this crap.now it wont even start.

RampageCrazy26cc

yeah, its not pumping fuel, you prime it couple times, and it will run long enough to run the gas out the carb then stops.

it was a brand new carb too. this truck fights me everytime i bring it out

Tvbest

Do you have a lol switch on it. If so it could be interference with the radio. My xb was doing that had to get a better radio. Or you might just have to turn the idle screw up

Tvbest

Do you have a lol switch on it. If so it could be interference with the radio. My xb was doing that had to get a better radio. Or you might just have to turn the idle screw up
Meant to say kill switch not lol switch

Tvbest

Check your gas tank make sure you're not losing air out of it like the rubber grommet and check your gas filter

Daddywoo

Try running it up without the filler cap on if it runs then it's blocked. Did you change the carb? If so did you check the little hole in gasket is lined up with the hole in crankcase and carb? As either will prevent fuel reaching carb

RampageCrazy26cc

yes change the carb and new fuel line installed. i made sure that the holes werent blocked

Daddywoo

Only thing I can think of at the moment is either an air leak around carb mounting, insulator area. Or a damaged carb pump diaphragm, blocked fuel filter.

RampageCrazy26cc

i don't know, im about fed up with this thing,

was screwing around with it again, the lines are full, the prime bulb is full.but as soon as you start it, it idles up by itself then dies, starts back up dose the same thing. you try to rev it. it bogs out

jeepzj

i don't know, im about fed up with this thing,

was screwing around with it again, the lines are full, the prime bulb is full.but as soon as you start it, it idles up by itself then dies, starts back up dose the same thing. you try to rev it. it bogs out

Hi. I had the same problem thought it was fuel and it was my coil wasn't strong enough when I would give it gas it would bog out like it was starving for gas and the coil was bad replaced it and runs like new again just though I Mention that

RampageCrazy26cc

Hi. I had the same problem thought it was fuel and it was my coil wasn't strong enough when I would give it gas it would bog out like it was starving for gas and the coil was bad replaced it and runs like new again just though I Mention that

ok,its the og coil that came with the truck,so ill order a new one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts