• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

mt gear plate upgrade

xscrick

Banned
i ordered the gear plate with bearings,,,, for a gear plate upgrade,, the mt blue one,,, came with 10 bearings,,, im short one,,,,came with six larger ones,, and 4 slightly smaller ones,,,,used one larger behind plate for clutch bell,, 4 more on gear plate, and one short on the inner support for brake pinion gear bracket,,, another smaller bearing,,,, has this happened to others before??? thanks

G

Redcat does not package bearings in quantities for the gear plate and lay shaft bearing carrier. You need to order the bearings for the carrier also. Again, the quantity might be more than what you actually need.

xscrick

Banned
gear plate bearing issues

hey thanks,, i ordered the gear plate which came with bearings,, got gear plate and two bags of bearings,,,050004, and bags 50070, and 50045,, but i need 5 of the 50070 bearings,, not just 4 that came in bag,,,,,and i will have 5 left over large bearings,,,so i still need to order one more bearing than?? or not use the new lay shaft bracket, and continue to use the old one,,,, thanks for your time

xscrick

Banned
thanks rcdad,,

just got layshaft apart,, need to have someone machine a one piece item,, the two piece sucks,,, but i see they want u to reuse the inner layshaft mount bearing on new mt support,, so all is well,,, thanks for your time

xscrick

Banned
mt gear plate

got the mt blue gear plate from rob at www.rampageshop.com,, 70 bucks,, with bearings,,, u get 5 extra larger bearings,,, u get 10 bearings total,, only need ten for gear plate,, u reuse the innner layshaft center mount bearing,, its a larger bearing, not like the tiny bearings on the orig plastic gear plate,,

G

If you want the Redcat plate. Shoot me a pm. I have them for $55 and I'll give ya upgraded bearings for no extra charge.

G

desismileys_0293.gif I'm not trying to peddle goods I want to see the forum supporters to the left used before the hundreds of other companies out there unless its your LHS.

Deluge

Those companies support us in one way or another. I spread my money around. Too many good companies have gone under. We need to support these companies, so they can continue to support us.

andyken

Bigboyztoys said:
I just broke my plate first time out after break in. Bearings are all fine. The plastic plate broke where the bearing sits and where it would take the most stress under a full load-to the right/top. I also noticed the tranny gear was lose and that bearing had walked out a bit. I've used Redcats aluminum rear bearing holders, no problem yet. But again first time on rough ground and a sandy beach. I think those big XT tires are hard to push with plastic parts. Another dealer I know runs a stock MT no problems out of the box. Has a years worth of bearing on it. Nothing major yet. I'm attached to the truck for some reason and feel the need to just spend the 600 with 7075 and spare myself the extra shipping charges. You might say just buy a losi, I can't tell you why, I just like my Redcat XT.
I had a mt plate split as well.... The set screw on the shaft for the brakes backed out. All good bearings, but the screw locked up everything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online