• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT easy pull start

Boomkidd

So, I have recently discovered the FID easy pull start. SOunds like a good idea. I'm guessing weights swing out or something to make it easier to pull? After Googling, apparently there are more companies than FID Racing as far as easy pull starts. That being said, what will fit? I saw one said it needs about 3/4" more clearance than stock. Is this worth the investment? Do I need to buy FID, or is a cheaper one better? (link please!) Do these actually work? Are they durable?
Thanks!

designed2survive

Do you happen to have any issues with the stock pull starter? Just trying to understand why you are looking for alternative. That will decide if it's worth it or not.

Boomkidd

Do you happen to have any issues with the stock pull starter? Just trying to understand why you are looking for alternative. That will decide if it's worth it or not.
No need for the easy pull starter except I'm curious if it's designed so its actually easier to pull start. While the factory pull start is fine I'm curious what all the hype is about with these. They are fairly popular among those who know about them in the 1/5 scale world apparently. Looks like weights swing out when it gets spinning and if thats true I'm curious how much 'easier' it is to pull. The MT doesn't have much wiggle room for anything larger so, that's why I ask here. Waiting for the day my original string will break lol. Not yet!

Slimneill

Yeah I find these pullstarts are pretty easy. Try pull starting my ATVS with a dead battery in the middle of winter then we can talk about shoulder pain.

The trick of slowly pulling the cord to suck fuel into the cylinder followed by 2 quick pulls has always started mine up (no choke carb)

Kdogg406

No need for the easy pull starter except I'm curious if it's designed so its actually easier to pull start. While the factory pull start is fine I'm curious what all the hype is about with these. They are fairly popular among those who know about them in the 1/5 scale world apparently. Looks like weights swing out when it gets spinning and if thats true I'm curious how much 'easier' it is to pull. The MT doesn't have much wiggle room for anything larger so, that's why I ask here. Waiting for the day my original string will break lol. Not yet!
My pullstart on.my mt pro broke last week contacted redcat racing for warranty they told me no at 1st and tried to till me my rope was pulled past the 10inch mark and that my knot had pulled through the knot hole knot and 4inches of rope are still in assembaley had to tear apart truck to get pics of the pullstart and there sending me a new one as of the 15th should be here next week sometime cant wait to get her up and runnin again

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.