• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Motors

TKDCOMPUTERS

I have an xb with the factory 30cc. I'm looking to replace with a 4 bolt for some worry free power. Can anyone recommend a good motor for appox $500.

Per ddm the 27.2 suppost to be the hot motor to buy for that price range. Already have jet-pro side mount, gtb intake, cone style air filter. Is a stuff crank better? what is the benefit of longer crank rod? I have the 668 wt carb, what is a better carb for my next motor. Thank you for your time. Jerry

Guantanamo Joe

rampage hopups (banner on left) just came out with a wicked 36cc that is boasting some pretty bad ass numbers. I am not sure if it fits the XB, someone else will have to chime in on that. If it does fit, you will like the price tag.

Also, the Walbro 990 is the most popular carb on this forum it seems. I run one and I love it.

The Stuff crank- I read somewhere that by runnint a Stuff crank, it is just less room for air inside the crank-case therefore creating more pressure. Some have said that the "stuffing" can come out and then ruin the inside of your engine, but I think that is on the rare side (otherwise they would not make it).

That's all I know

GTS 666

The 27.2 maybe a better option IMO for the xb Xt as they are lighter than a Mt. it will rev more and the new 36 is a torque motor.

Deluge

27.2, for sure. It's a screamer. Would be perfect for the XB/XT.

Also, just to touch on the stuffed cranks. They tend to starve the case bearings of oil. There is a mod out there that'll help with that, but it requires drilling into the crank case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts