• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

motor mount pics

Dirtconvert

Not if it comes with the mount. As I said before, I am in for one mount. No reason to break up the pair, but if you made just the brace I am sure there would be people interested.

Ol' fart

Testing Testing Testing

The wise one, Obeast44, told me to try out Delrin(plastic) gears. I assumed only steel or aluminum would hold up. Nope, the Delrin gear looks good so far.

I made a 48 tooth and hooked it up to the stock 10 tooth pinion and ran it with a CC1717 on 6C 10200ma pack. No signs of wear after one run. The motor got warm but that is normal, ESC was fine too. With a fan on the motor it will last forever.

The car is crazy fast. 4.8 to 1 gear ratio lets the 1717 unwind and.......

The people in the park stoped riding bikes and flying kites to watch this thing just rip up the dirt. I had a turn by a wood fence and the noise from the rocks hitting the fench was impressive.

You guys who want to put the Leopard 5692 motor in are insane. I don't think the drive train can take it, but, go for it.

I will sell the Motor mount with the Delrin gear with no guaranty on the gear. I have know idea how much power you'all will but on it so.. it will take what it will take....

Hardened steel gears are avalible.... but they cost$$$

I am sending a propotype to Obeast44 to play with at the fun feast. If it holds up it will be for sale on the 1st. Friends on my site will get a deal.

Ron E

Contributor
sounds great... can't wait to see obeast's run. i'm selling a few things to fund the 7075rc "package deal" and a leopard 5692. :D

Ol' fart

OK

To all, when you order specify what motor you will run. Not all motors have the same bolts/ bolt pattern. The cam mount ( the part that bolts to the motor) has to match the motor bolt pattern. Make sense??

Obeast44

Banned
Ol said:
The wise one, Obeast44, told me to try out Delrin(plastic) gears. I assumed only steel or aluminum would hold up. Nope, the Delrin gear looks good so far.
I made a 48 tooth and hooked it up to the stock 10 tooth pinion and ran it with a CC1717 on 6C 10200ma pack. No signs of wear after one run. The motor got warm but that is normal, ESC was fine too. With a fan on the motor it will last forever.

The car is crazy fast. 4.8 to 1 gear ratio lets the 1717 unwind and.......

The people in the park stoped riding bikes and flying kites to watch this thing just rip up the dirt. I had a turn by a wood fence and the noise from the rocks hitting the fench was impressive.

You guys who want to put the Leopard 5692 motor in are insane. I don't think the drive train can take it, but, go for it.

I will sell the Motor mount with the Delrin gear with no guaranty on the gear. I have know idea how much power you'all will but on it so.. it will take what it will take....

Hardened steel gears are avalible.... but they cost$$$

I am sending a propotype to Obeast44 to play with at the fun feast. If it holds up it will be for sale on the 1st. Friends on my site will get a deal.
I really appreciate the chance to try it out. I cant wait to see what its gonna do on the track. I just hope my driving has somehow improved :D

Ron E said:
sounds great... can't wait to see obeast's run. i'm selling a few things to fund the 7075rc "package deal" and a leopard 5692. :D
Ya better start saving Ron, its gonna be a riot up there. ;)

Its almost exactly 7 days from now that I will be heading up to Powerjam! I hope to see as many of you guys as possible.

hobbsa23

Obeast44 said:
I really appreciate the chance to try it out. I cant wait to see what its gonna do on the track. I just hope my driving has somehow improved :D
Ya better start saving Ron, its gonna be a riot up there. ;)

Its almost exactly 7 days from now that I will be heading up to Powerjam! I hope to see as many of you guys as possible.
Hopefully you will video record the event and the runs with the xbe on youtube. Those of us that can't be there will be greatful! :D

Obeast44

Banned
hobbsa23 said:
Hopefully you will video record the event and the runs with the xbe on youtube. Those of us that can't be there will be greatful! :D
I hope so I bought a cheap video camera to take up there and unfortunately its acting retarded. Hopefully there will be plenty of video takers present.

Obeast44

Banned
I gotta say guys, I'm having a blast up here at Powerjam. :D

I have been putting 7075RCs mount through the ringer and it's holding up great! I have roughly 45000mah through it today alone. I've had a few on throttle/full brake landings and the spur is holding up very well. Matter of fact the entire car has been nearly flawless. My only damage was a wheel stripped out under the immense power the CC1717 is putting out. I also managed to have one connector come unsoldered but it's an easy fix. The car is very fast on the track, even with my crap driving skills!

Im loving my XB-E, and the motor mount thanks to Ol'fart. :)

hobbsa23

Obeast44 said:
I gotta say guys, I'm having a blast up here at Powerjam. :D
I have been putting 7075RCs mount through the ringer and it's holding up great! I have roughly 45000mah through it today alone. I've had a few on throttle/full brake landings and the spur is holding up very well. Matter of fact the entire car has been nearly flawless. My only damage was a wheel stripped out under the immense power the CC1717 is putting out. I also managed to have one connector come unsoldered but it's an easy fix. The car is very fast on the track, even with my crap driving skills!

Im loving my XB-E, and the motor mount thanks to Ol'fart. :)
you got VIDEO footage???? :D we gotta see it.

Ol' fart

Wishin I was there

Keep up the good work Obeast44. We want those HPI guys wondering why they went with a 2WD POS!!

Obeast44

Banned
Ol said:
Keep up the good work Obeast44. We want those HPI guys wondering why they went with a 2WD POS!!
I will say this, quite a few times yesterday I heard something along these lines:

Damn that thing is fast!

It turns on a dime.

Awww damn he even has REVERSE!

That car is awesome!

That pretty much sums up the response so far. Hopefully I have done what I can to make a few converts! :D

Obeast44

Banned
That's a no go, Robs flight was cancelled. I think rclargescale or rclive will be doing some streaming. Check over on HBF for updates.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.