• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

motor mount pics

Ol' fart

Misc pics of the prototype, unfinished.

It fits well in the car but the driveshafts are higher up and it rubs against the ESC mounting tray,this can be cut away. You also must remove the screws that hold the stock ESC down and move it a little, Hold it with double back tape. The reciever must be moved too but It's no big problem. You guys with the aftermarket electronics have already done this. More pics to come.

Ol' fart

I beleave the price will be under 100.00 with oversize bearing of course.

The gears are the problem when it comes to price. A steel gear is about 30.00 Then it has to be machined to fit. They have to ship it to me and I have to ship it to you so it could cost 50 bucks for one frig'en gear!!

I'm at work now making gears out of aluminum. If they hold up to the power I'll be able to sell them for half that. The steel pinion gears are about 10 to 15 bucks at most gear houses, and you can use the one you have too.

I'll be ready to ship in two weeks IF the aluminum gears work.

I could make a mount much cheaper but it will not be sealed from rocks and dirt and mud...... With the price of gears it may be cheaper in the long run to

get this sealed one. With a little grease and proper adjustment your gears shoul last.

So, what do you think? how many of you might buy one???

lateralrectus

I'm definitely in for one, no doubt. Please let us know when we can order. What are the max motor dimensions?

I need a bigger motor in my xbe so I can stop checking the motor/esc temp every 2 minutes

IMA_MudSlut

I feel so dumb?

Ol said:
Misc pics of the prototype, unfinished.
It fits well in the car but the driveshafts are higher up and it rubs against the ESC mounting tray,this can be cut away. You also must remove the screws that hold the stock ESC down and move it a little, Hold it with double back tape. The reciever must be moved too but It's no big problem. You guys with the aftermarket electronics have already done this. More pics to come.
Sorry for being ignoramus, but for what car is it for? What are advantages if we use this motor mounts? Am looking for motor mount conversion kit for my Skopod 62cc. I was going to mount it to a 5B but I had a change of heart when I opened the box of the 5B kit when it arrived. Just the idea of driving an overpriced buggy with 2WD just turned me off. Where I live, fishermen got money to burn. To them money is no object if they want or like something. These dudes are either married or dating the prettiest women in town. Gee, I don't know why that is :D (being sarcastic) My friend, Stephanie, she's the prettiest of them all. Guess what she did? That's right, she married a fisherman. Why? Well, it works for her either way. When the husband is alive, she lives the lifestyle of the "rich and famous" and gets everything she could ever want. She drives a Mercedes Benz... in Alaska!! where everything gets rusted out even before you hit $15,000 miles.If he dies bcoz' of his dangerous occupation and fishermen here in Alaska die every year. We average 1 or 2 deaths every year. It was listed as the most dangerous job in the world. Watch "Deadliest Catch" they filmed several episodes of that show here in our small town. So far I have sold 4 Rampages to these guys without questioning the price. Am working on my 5th and 6th sale, just waiting for my orders to arrive. They said Rampage prices are reasonable! That made me feel good realizing I made an intelligent decision for buying Rampages. Yaaay!! :D One of 'em told me Bajas are way too expensive even for a guy who got money coming out of his butt. When I got my 5B kit, I offered one of these guys my kit and the Skopod and told him I'll put everything together for him for free if he buys my kit. Like I said, these dudes don't care about money. But you know what he said when I told him the price of the kit? Simple and sweet. He goes " I can buy that kit if I want to but I hate being called dumb or stupid" and I go "what do you mean?" And he said " If I buy that overpriced toy, it will only prove one thing...I got more money than I got brain!" :D hehehe

anyway, just thought I share that sentiment that came from people that would buy anything, and price is no object and yet had this opinion about the Bajas.

Wait, I got derailed here, so, Ol' fart, what is this motor mount for? I'd like to ask you the obvious question but I know what you're ging to say "can't do it.To fabricate just one motor mount conversion kit would be too expensive" Am I right? :confused:

Dirtconvert

I would be on board. Even though I am having no issues with my CC Mamba Monster, might want to change or need to change? Aftermarket stuff is always so cool to have anyway especially from an up and coming company. Can you say Collectable!!

Ol' fart

lateralrectus said:
I'm definitely in for one, no doubt. Please let us know when we can order. What are the max motor dimensions?
I need a bigger motor in my xbe so I can stop checking the motor/esc temp every 2 minutes
The CC 2028 will not fit, it's too long. But the leopard 5692 will fit and that was the motor it was made for. Anything of equal size or smaller will fit, like the CC1717.

Ol' fart

Mudslut,

This mount is for a Redcat XBE, E for electric.

"I'd like to ask you the obvious question but I know what you're ging to say "can't do it.To fabricate just one motor mount conversion kit would be too expensive" Am I right?"

Oh, I can do it, but you'll have to have money coming out of your butt.

PM me, we''l talk about it.

IMA_MudSlut

bummer

Ol said:
Mudslut,
This mount is for a Redcat XBE, E for electric.

"I'd like to ask you the obvious question but I know what you're ging to say "can't do it.To fabricate just one motor mount conversion kit would be too expensive" Am I right?"

Oh, I can do it, but you'll have to have money coming out of your butt.

PM me, we''l talk about it.
that's funny :D unfortunately I don't have money coming out of my butt, I just spent over 1K for my new MT and parts and upgrades for our 2 XTs' and the new MT :(

Hopefully someday, it will happen. In the meantime I'll just let my skopod collect more dusts :D hehe

Ron E

Contributor
i'm in for a package purchase of all your products for the xb-e, just waiting on the mount to be done. then will come the leopard 5692.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron E

Contributor
Dirtconvert said:
I am with Ron E. Packages are not just for Christmas. Pm me Ol'Fart and let me know if you would be willing to put together a package?
yepper, me toooo. let me in on the "package deal" :D

oh that jus sounds wrong :eek:

Ol' fart

It fits!

Everything fits, now the gears are the last hurdle. Plenty of room for a 5692. The black part is a cover so you don't have to take the mount out to set the backlash. Yes, the brace is included, the stock one won't fit anymore.

I can't lock in on a price 'till I get the gears worked out,sorry.

fat49f1

Contributor
IMA_MudSlut said:
Sorry for being ignoramus, but for what car is it for? What are advantages if we use this motor mounts? Am looking for motor mount conversion kit for my Skopod 62cc. I was going to mount it to a 5B but I had a change of heart when I opened the box of the 5B kit when it arrived. Just the idea of driving an overpriced buggy with 2WD just turned me off. Where I live, fishermen got money to burn. To them money is no object if they want or like something. These dudes are either married or dating the prettiest women in town. Gee, I don't know why that is (being sarcastic) My friend, Stephanie, she's the prettiest of them all. Guess what she did? That's right, she married a fisherman. Why? Well, it works for her either way. When the husband is alive, she lives the lifestyle of the "rich and famous" and gets everything she could ever want. She drives a Mercedes Benz... in Alaska!! where everything gets rusted out even before you hit $15,000 miles.If he dies bcoz' of his dangerous occupation and fishermen here in Alaska die every year. We average 1 or 2 deaths every year. It was listed as the most dangerous job in the world. Watch "Deadliest Catch" they filmed several episodes of that show here in our small town. So far I have sold 4 Rampages to these guys without questioning the price. Am working on my 5th and 6th sale, just waiting for my orders to arrive. They said Rampage prices are reasonable! That made me feel good realizing I made an intelligent decision for buying Rampages. Yaaay!! :D One of 'em told me Bajas are way too expensive even for a guy who got money coming out of his butt. When I got my 5B kit, I offered one of these guys my kit and the Skopod and told him I'll put everything together for him for free if he buys my kit. Like I said, these dudes don't care about money. But you know what he said when I told him the price of the kit? Simple and sweet. He goes " I can buy that kit if I want to but I hate being called dumb or stupid" and I go "what do you mean?" And he said " If I buy that overpriced toy, it will only prove one thing...I got more money than I got brain!" :D hehehe
anyway, just thought I share that sentiment that came from people that would buy anything, and price is no object and yet had this opinion about the Bajas.

Wait, I got derailed here, so, Ol' fart, what is this motor mount for? I'd like to ask you the obvious question but I know what you're ging to say "can't do it.To fabricate just one motor mount conversion kit would be too expensive" Am I right? :confused:
:confused: Huh wow.........lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts