• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Motor issues

Viper

Hey guys new to site, Couple issues I have owned my xt for over six months and have an issue with very heavy deposits of oil on top of piston and due to this motor will not correctly in which is very hard to start. I am using correct ratio but still heavy deposits I've tried to lean out but runs to hot so switched back. After all this I ended up buying new motor changed over and started running into same problem, when I received motor I installed ran for a few weeks and ended up finding out KT was a 2 bolt pattern in which to me is a 23 or a 25 cc motor not a 30 which I ordered.

Phill

Hey guys new to site, Couple issues I have owned my xt for over six months and have an issue with very heavy deposits of oil on top of piston and due to this motor will not correctly in which is very hard to start. I am using correct ratio but still heavy deposits I've tried to lean out but runs to hot so switched back. After all this I ended up buying new motor changed over and started running into same problem, when I received motor I installed ran for a few weeks and ended up finding out KT was a 2 bolt pattern in which to me is a 23 or a 25 cc motor not a 30 which I ordered.
Have you tried changing your brand of oil?
Any dirt bike oil will work but stay away from lawn mower stuff.
The older 30cc were 2 bolts so it may well be one.
The best motor I'v found is Zenoah.

Viper

Good morning Phil, I appreciate the reply as stated in post I have been through two motors already due to this situation, I'm on second one now I did switch to Yama lube and still heavy deposit on piston my ratio is 30 to 1. Would you suggest I go lower or higher on ratio I also run 93 octane,I also discovered that when this oil and fuel are mixed the oil settles pretty quick.

Phill

Good morning Phil, I appreciate the reply as stated in post I have been through two motors already due to this situation, I'm on second one now I did switch to Yama lube and still heavy deposit on piston my ratio is 30 to 1. Would you suggest I go lower or higher on ratio I also run 93 octane,I also discovered that when this oil and fuel are mixed the oil settles pretty quick.
It's obviously not a motor problem if it's doing the same on both.
30:1 is fine and wouldn't be causing the problem.
The oil also shouldn't settle.It should stay in suspension in the fuel.
Are you using the same carb on both motors??
Does it blow a lot of smoke?
Are you using the right plug NGK CMR7H?

Viper

Hey Phil again thanks, as to your questions the fuel and oil do separate if I don't use everyday when I get back to it I look inside tank and oil is on bottom, I am using I believe the correct carb but I do have another I could try switching, and yes I use a number 7 plug but I also use a 5 at times and seems to work OK would you suggest I stay with the 7 in order to correct.

Phill

Hey Phil again thanks, as to your questions the fuel and oil do separate if I don't use everyday when I get back to it I look inside tank and oil is on bottom, I am using I believe the correct carb but I do have another I could try switching, and yes I use a number 7 plug but I also use a 5 at times and seems to work OK would you suggest I stay with the 7 in order to correct.

The 5 should be OK
I'd try changing brand of oil and if that doesn't make a difference then change the carb.
A 668 should work well.

Thwmathue

I use kLotz oil in my xb at 25-1 and have never had a problem with the oil separating out. I also run the ngk cmr7h plug and I've only had to replace it once in almost 2 years. And it runs great.

Phill

I use kLotz oil in my xb at 25-1 and have never had a problem with the oil separating out. I also run the ngk cmr7h plug and I've only had to replace it once in almost 2 years. And it runs great.

Yep it has to be the oil.
I've never had any brand of 2 stroke separate and at 30:1 it should scream.
I run Halvoline bike oil at 27.5:1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.