• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

make your own home made bodys

CHOOPS

Works good for small stuff.

Problem is heating a larger sheet that wont fit in an oven.

There are a lot of videos on youtube.

Steve

jigawatt

Why isn't there something mildly attractive for the TT? The other body from HSP looks SLIGHTLY better, but I still wouldn't ever get it, or run with it.

speedyd

Banned
they arent buggy bodies, but the pru line desert rat body lokks great on one as does the asgard/baja 1000. another cool trick is to get an mcd mt body slam it down on your buggy chassis cut out a spot for your wing mount, and make a stadium truck. they look good like that.

pipeous

I've played with vac forming bodies. to make a plaster of paris mold you need to put the clear body in a sandbox first and help support the sides. Make a table with holes and the vaccuum idea, and make an rtv gasket to seal it down around the edges. if you have the tech, you can add an air tank that works to suck instead of push, and that helps pull it down in the final stage... the lexan needs to dropp about 4-6 inches in the center before you put it on.... those masks aren't lexan. I met an old fella at the local plastic shop here that showed me his home mad vac former. it's an amazing machine. He does tail lenses for autos like collector cars and such, but the masks like that are a different type of material that forms easy.... we just did micro bodies using a toaster oven element.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts