• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Made my New Rampage V3 a New Roll cage, in progress

RampageHopUps

These prototype pieces are for fitment and to see if the curve is actually needed. I'm not sure if the ABS will be stronger, so I plan on making them out of aluminum for the final version.

FMcamaroZ28

OK ill get mine installed on the EP pro and take some pics ASAP then.

And of course give her a rip around the yard.

FMcamaroZ28

OK got her installed last night. Tolerances were spot on. Its REALLY rigid, so I can see this snapping pretty quickly with this material (even though this isn't meant for use). Aluminium will be better, but were taking away the purpose of this piece.

I am thinking the bend in the plastic was to act as a bumper, and this is why we keep breaking it. I'm not sure what you could put there and take the weight of a 1/5 scale with momentum and not break. Since we have removed the bumper, what is this thing going to now land on? the back of the chassis? I think making this one piece out of alum will just transfer the breakages to the curved top piece instead.

I would still buy one. Anyway, here is the pictures.

RampageHopUps

I really wanted to see if the bend was used at all and if this straight piece would be good enough. If not, I will have to quote a machine shop for 5051 material, and then bend the curve in.

FMcamaroZ28

MTbuilder, how is the roll cage progressing?

I am still interested in picking one up when you get them finished. There is a thread over on URC about a guy who went brushless and is having some issues with chassis flex. I think one of your cages would quickly put and end to any worry about that.

Give us an update!

Bulldogger

I would like a full cage for my MT and a cage for my Rally car. :D

Bassman

Hi MT Builder. I’m a late mt builder but I still have my old first mt wayback 2008. Where I can see photos of the latest build? I’m interested in ordering one for my old mt. Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.