• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Made my New Rampage V3 a New Roll cage, in progress

MT Builder

Advertiser
Vendor
Here is a small project I am working on. It's not 100% complete but very close. When I first got my rampage monster truck I noticed when you drive the body shakes horribly. And the stock cage is WAY below the truck cab leaving the truck body open to easy destruction and cracks. So I built this cage which sits just below the cab of the truck and also mounted the stock body posts under the cage to make the body solid with the truck. Also this will make my rampage MT V3 more sturdy throughout the chassis. Also as you can see in some of these pics plenty of clearance for after market pipes.

More pics to come

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MT Builder

Advertiser
Vendor
Silent_chaos said:
Nice welding skills there. How much does it weigh?
I haven't weighed it yet as I have a few more pieces that are going on it to make it even stronger will post up weight when finished though.

feelathome77

Nice job

Nice job, I noticed there's only one steering servo? I also notice you removed the plastic cover on top of the engine, is it for better cooling? Have you installed any kill switch/safety device especially now that your MT is a lot heavier. That's what I'm currently working on. also installed some outerwear pre filters. :)

MT Builder

Advertiser
Vendor
Yep only one steering. And no need for plastic roll cage as mine is a complete roll cage ment for ultimate protection and strength. And not much weight is being added as I'm only using tubing not solid bar.

MT Builder

Advertiser
Vendor
Ok the cage is now complete. And is extremly strong and durable. What do you guys think?

MT Builder

Advertiser
Vendor
Thanks guys. I really like how this one came out and can't wait to drive with the new cage on. And the best part is it doesn't weigh that much, I thought it would weigh more but it doesn't.

RampageHopUps

I will probably be brining you a new Redcat Rally for a roll bar loop to be made. In a few weeks, there will be a line of people asking for one.

MT Builder

Advertiser
Vendor
RampageHopUps said:
I will probably be brining you a new Redcat Rally for a roll bar loop to be made. In a few weeks, there will be a line of people asking for one.
Not a problem. Would be happy to make one, and very interested in seeing the new rally

MT Builder

Advertiser
Vendor
Here is another roll Bar.

Here is my latest Basher Bar for My MT. Sits directly under the truck body cab and Hood. This bar adds much needed support and strength to the body.

carp boyz

Banned
MT Builder said:
Here is another roll Bar. Here is my latest Basher Bar for My MT. Sits directly under the truck body cab and Hood. This bar adds much needed support and strength to the body.

are you gonna incorporate both cages together as one unit?

that would be the ultimate

rampage idiot

Nice work man! what kind of tubing are you using? and what are you using for a tubing bender? those bends look super smooth! thumbs up on your work!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.