Made my New Rampage V3 a New Roll cage, in progress

RampageHopUps

These prototype pieces are for fitment and to see if the curve is actually needed. I'm not sure if the ABS will be stronger, so I plan on making them out of aluminum for the final version.

OK got her installed last night. Tolerances were spot on. Its REALLY rigid, so I can see this snapping pretty quickly with this material (even though this isn't meant for use). Aluminium will be better, but were taking away the purpose of this piece.

I am thinking the bend in the plastic was to act as a bumper, and this is why we keep breaking it. I'm not sure what you could put there and take the weight of a 1/5 scale with momentum and not break. Since we have removed the bumper, what is this thing going to now land on? the back of the chassis? I think making this one piece out of alum will just transfer the breakages to the curved top piece instead.

I would still buy one. Anyway, here is the pictures.

RampageHopUps

I really wanted to see if the bend was used at all and if this straight piece would be good enough. If not, I will have to quote a machine shop for 5051 material, and then bend the curve in.

MTbuilder, how is the roll cage progressing?

I am still interested in picking one up when you get them finished. There is a thread over on URC about a guy who went brushless and is having some issues with chassis flex. I think one of your cages would quickly put and end to any worry about that.

Give us an update!