• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Machined billet aluminum chassis

aauman88

Yes it is the 7075rc chassis I'm testing for Doug. He has gas version to test on now but I don't do gas

G-Man

Yes it is the 7075rc chassis I'm testing for Doug. He has gas version to test on now but I don't do gas
Oh OK. Has he put it together with the gas engine? Maybe I missed some pics. Yours looks sweet BTW

aauman88

Pretty sure he just got his so I'm not sure. First chassis is too wide at 10". The body is 9" at its widest point so it would bulge out at bottom. Few holes of the first run was off slightly so it's on the way back to him. Great looking first run and I know he will nail it on second

G-Man

Pretty sure he just got his so I'm not sure. First chassis is too wide at 10". The body is 9" at its widest point so it would bulge out at bottom. Few holes of the first run was off slightly so it's on the way back to him. Great looking first run and I know he will nail it on second
My body doesn't come near the chassis. There is a one inch gap. Maybe I have my body posts higher. I think the wider would allow use of the turtle racing type of pull starter. They are wider and with the stock chassis the fence is in the way and has to be cut. Some other guys suggested that also

Attachments

• 20170401_215540.jpg
    20170401_215540.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 11

aauman88

IMG_4140.PNG IMG_4141.PNG IMG_4142.PNG Understood the use of brushless allows us to bring down the body a lot. Here's the last one I built

G-Man

Ya I see where the posts are at. Probably 2 levels down from where I run it. Looks good!! I am thinking of buying a used one and converting it. How you like them electric? I have seen several youtube videos, they seem pretty sweet.

G-Man

Ya I see where the posts are at. Probably 2 levels down from where I run it. Looks good!! I am thinking of buying a used one and converting it. How you like them electric? I have seen several youtube videos, they seem pretty sweet.
20170622_001743.jpg See what I mean for pull start clearance? That is a stock Zenoah pull starter. The Turtle Racing are wider and won't fit because of the fence.

G-Man

Also need something to mount the ddm dominator side mount pipe to. It now uses the chassis fence.

aauman88

It will do standing backflips when Brushless. Very responsive and actually handles pretty good for not having a center diff. Was having chassis flex problems but we fixed it with few different bracing options but hoping this new chassis will be the end of all the extra bracing

Ol' fart

I ordered an MT V3 to test fit the gas setup, it should be here today. Besides the holes being slightly off the only real ? now is how wide ??
The chassis is flat, no bent up aluminum sides. They will be black ABS. about 3" to 4" tall so they will fit under the body. If we match the width of the stock chassis just cut out holes for the gear cover and the pullstart if need be. If we go wider, like 10" no cutouts will be required. the ABS side guards will fit under the body and make it flare out a little but I don't think it will look strange. When I get the chassis back from Adam I can cut that one down to stock and make a wide one so we can all see the difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts