• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Losi dbxl chassis

Sergio

I'm thinking that a lot of people have problems with the dbxl chassis witch is really bad I would like to see how many of us are waiting for 7075 Rc to save us how many people are interested I know I need something better that the stock.

Ol' fart

I already know there is enough intrest to make one. I have a new DBXL and I am going to take it apart this weekend to reverse engineer the chassis. It will be the same three piece design as the losi 5ive with the underguard. Some people have stated the they want the whole thing to be made from 7075 so this will be an option. I am aiming for spring time release. Any comments or idea's from people with a DBXL would be helpfull, thanks.

Sergio

Ol said:
I already know there is enough intrest to make one. I have a new DBXL and I am going to take it apart this weekend to reverse engineer the chassis. It will be the same three piece design as the losi 5ive with the underguard. Some people have stated the they want the whole thing to be made from 7075 so this will be an option. I am aiming for spring time release. Any comments or idea's from people with a DBXL would be helpfull, thanks.
Thank you I'm glad to know a lot of people are interested I love what you have done for the x series I have an Xb with most of the stuff you came out with and can't wait to see what you come out with for the dbxl

Ol' fart

It's all true

reviews this weekend. Should be up for sale in two weeks. $250.00 Full undercover and motor mount washers to set the gear mesh. Only three oz more than stock.

Sergio

Ol said:
reviews this weekend. Should be up for sale in two weeks. $250.00 Full undercover and motor mount washers to set the gear mesh. Only three oz more than stock.
Great news thank you can't wait

Ol' fart

Thiiiiis close

We changed a few things and ran a batch of 8. They will be up for sale this week. One of the changes was to include the two motor mount holes in the case of the motor. It now use's six mounting bolts. It will have those washers ( not sure what they are called) to align the gears, made out of steel so aligning the motor and having it stay there is no longer a problem.

We also made a mounting area for aftermarket pipes. You'll have to put the holes in to match your pipe.

As those of you who have a DBXL know the motor mounting slots are too close together. The threads bite into the chassis making it even harder to mount the motor. I moved the slots to fit and line up with the spur gear but, one of the bolts that holds the pinion gear plate to the motor rubs against the dust cover.

You can grind some off the head of the bolt,cut some off the dust cover or just ignore it. It just looks off so if your anal like most of us you'll want to fix that area. The gears are now dead center to each other so it is a good change.

Anyway I'll throw it up when they are up for sale.

MTMIKE

Ol'fart and Duffy thanks for all your input to get these made. Hoping to be a lucky one to get the new chassis soon. Will be checking your website often.

MTMIKE

I'm now checking every 15 - 30 minutes. Ol'fart said sometime today.....

Ol' fart

Buggy

FYI I am working on a shorter chassis to race in the "buggy" class. We are going to bundle it with a body and a pipe !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online