• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

looking for SHOCK options/ parts

phreerider

FOR MT or X , any suggestion from HPI , LOSI , any after market stuff ?

i see alot of pieces, parts and kits, hard to tell. any brands specific direction?

Ildy666

I have mt res. Shocks with 8 mm. Shafts and I use stock mt uppers to mount the res. With dual lock nuts and use 40 wt. Oil it's 3 shocks in one but works well....

phreerider

Those are definitely more hardware with those. The plastic lower ends seem a bit weak.

The shock element seems good fine , the regular MT is what I run on rear. Perhaps the jumps have become too many , too often, too big. Rather the plastic break than shaft for sure. Curious as to crossover parts I guess shaft size would be limiting factor. Buy and try or make custom

Ildy666

The only reason I bought the res. Shocks were for the cans and wanted to put 8mm. Shafts but the res. Shocks have a different thread so I couldn't swap shafts so I took 8mm. Shafts with all aluminum ends and fitted to the stock shock body and fitted the res. can to the body but u need 2 locking nuts to hold in place and not block the hole for the shock oil to pass through. But there tough and I don't bend shafts any more.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts