• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Looking for insight

Eric92080

Hey all, getting a redcat mt v3 32cc soon. It's currently on the way to me maybe tomorrow or Monday. It is coming with the rb supercharger and a tuned pipe (not sure which manufacturer). What are some things I should watch out for/inspect thoroughly before running? It also has a light kit and some body decorations that I'll be changing immediately haha. Screenshot_20171109-162409.png Screenshot_20171109-162418.png Screenshot_20171109-162409.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171109-162426.png
    Screenshot_20171109-162426.png
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20171109-162439.png
    Screenshot_20171109-162439.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20171109-162500.png
    Screenshot_20171109-162500.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

Thwmathue

Looks good to me, I'm guessing it's a used machine. Looks like a redcat tuned pipe. I have a jetpro on my xb but that's just me. As for the super charger I've looked at them and it's a lot of money for the gain of power. And seam kinda finicky to keep going. I would be more likely to call up obr for a reed case motor first. Otherwise looks like a good score. Have fun with it.

Eric92080

Looks good to me, I'm guessing it's a used machine. Looks like a redcat tuned pipe. I have a jetpro on my xb but that's just me. As for the super charger I've looked at them and it's a lot of money for the gain of power. And seam kinda finicky to keep going. I would be more likely to call up obr for a reed case motor first. Otherwise looks like a good score. Have fun with it.

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate the input. So the redcat tuned pipe is the one that splits at the weld from what I've read, I'll have to get a better one down the road for sure.

TPSF

Yea mine broke on the first run, the jetpro sounds better and is made with better metal. Call jetpro and they will give you a better deal then ordering online. Any parts you think you wat to sell please PM me, I have also herd the supercharger won't work on two stroke engines there are several forums that talk about their reasoning on this but I want one anyway! What is the guage for? I'm looking to upgrade mine and it's tough finding what fits and what doesn't work on these.

Thwmathue

My thoughts on the supercharger is it adds complexity to a system that is so finely tuned that it just adds problems. And that Guage looks like an attempt at a boost Guage that would be pointless because all tthe Guage will show with the supercharger is less vacuum it's not going to provide enough flow to create a positive pressure.

Eric92080

You all are awesome, thank you for the help and feedback. As soon as I get it in I'll send some pictures that I'll take myself. I'm excited to get started and have lots of areas in my neighborhood that I can play with it. What are your thoughts on the silencers for the tuned pipes? I assume there will be some minor power loss. Also I looked up that engine and found this... I'd have to save some money for it but 9hp thays more than double...sounds fun lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171111-104136.png
    Screenshot_20171111-104136.png
    538.6 KB · Views: 8

Thwmathue

That engine would definitely do the job. Just keep in mind the jetpro pipe will be loud. Approx 100db when running it in your neighborhood keep it in mind.

Eric92080

Oh yes lol that would upset them haha. Maybe with the silencer...?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.