• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Looking at the RC Terremoto

moijk

I'm looking at buying the Terremoto, ARTR or RTR.

I want a monster truck / trigger that can do grass and snow without a problem, that is water resistant and can be fun. a big 1/8 sounds perfect.

Whenever I ask in other forum or asks shops, they just answer - don't buy redcat, buy traxxas. So I'd love to know where to internationally order this redcat where the shop actually give a crap about the brand. What I've read about the truck is that it is fairly durable, and above average from redcat. I'm going to replace what breaks, mod what needs to be modded if it keeps breaking and i presume what me and my kid breaks other breaks too so I can get the support needed from a redcat friendly forum.

Now to my question about it, my kid is young. He gives full throttle if possible, and doesn't really like anything in between. So I need to start out with making this truck go slow(er). Anyone tried running on lower voltage batteries? I could start off with running on brushed motors if the esc is up for that? change the gearing? Or does the transmitter have endpoints or something that i can adjust for the throttle? I'm not a seasoned RC driver, so I'm starting off with basic questions.

Ol' fart

I have never played with one so I can't answer your ?'s, but I do have one for sale. New in the box. It's a RTR for 380.00

Ilove2bashRC

I've owned one for about a month now, it has it's problems but so do all RCs. The CV shafts are made of a real soft steel and bend easily when doing jumps. It's actually caused from the upper arm bending upon impact and hitting the drive shaft. Darin at redcat already has a newly designed arm coming out that will supposedly fix this from happening. Other weak points that I have found are the bulkheads, stripped two diffs already and bent a shock shaft. The drive cups are soft as well and seem to be wearing way too quickly. If they can get the drive shaft issue fixed up it'd be a real decent truck. This for me is the biggest problem as I've bent six of them. IMO it's not going to ever be as durable as a savage flux or associated rival but for the price compared to those two...can't complain! Parts are cheap as well. The stock ESC and motor are actually pretty good. I opted to go for the blue ARTR version as I already had a good lipo charger and used the money I saved to buy a pair of 5000mah zippy lipos from hobbyking.

Here's a pic of mine when I first got it, it has a set of savage xl terra pin tires on it

Ilove2bashRC

moijk said:
Now to my question about it, my kid is young. He gives full throttle if possible, and doesn't really like anything in between. So I need to start out with making this truck go slow(er). Anyone tried running on lower voltage batteries? I could start off with running on brushed motors if the esc is up for that? change the gearing? Or does the transmitter have endpoints or something that i can adjust for the throttle? I'm not a seasoned RC driver, so I'm starting off with basic questions.
The ESC won't allow brushed motors and it would be a waste of money. The ESC is programmable so you can tone down the power through punch control and you can set the throttle end points as well. Forgot to mention, if you get one stock up on bumpers...it's a real poor design and I usually brake one every time I take it out. The bumper isn't braced by much, it's flexible but snaps off pretty easily.

terremotosc

I've been abusing mine for almost a year now only thing to break is my motor fan the blades aren't very strong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.