• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Little motor that could

BertR

Several months ago I picked up a stock head from another forum member..Then I threw the dremal in the mix! I ported the intake, Exhaust port,wildly reshaped the transfer ports and droped the wall between the sets by 3/16 and eyebrowed the cylinder wall at the transfers.With all this done I found that it was a dog on bottom ..sick power in mid and a nasty lien crackle pop on the top that droped power! This was with a stock carb so I put on a 668 with the same issue...More fuel is needed so this morning I straped a 813 to it's ass and BINGO....Bottom,mid and top are nothing short of violence and thats with trenchers on. Bow-tie's got a shot aswell UNCONTROLABLE..

The next step of the project is a moded piston and some dremal work on the case;)

This is a poject so I opted to keep it out of Engine/Exhaust. I will update on this thread as I continue with this power plant build of my mad creation.

G

That's awesome that a simple carb swap fixed your issues.

BertR

I don't think I will go that far lol. I have messed with a few heads but this one came alive the most with a simple fix. I enjoy farting around with things to see if I can make them work better than the original form.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts