• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

LIGHTENING THE RAMPAGE XR BODY

Haroldbee

The Rampage XR body, though beautifully sculpted and formed, is huge, and quite heavy. I guess this view is understandable, coming from someone who cut his rc teeth, so to speak, on 1/10 scale electrics, and nitros. From the latter class of rc cars, however, I learnt a few basic 'body finishing' tips that I chose to apply to my 1/5 scale, Rampage XR shell. Since 'big' translates easily into 'heavy'; and a 'vents-less' body won't aid in engine-cooling, I used a dremel cutting tool, cut out the windows, and placed a hole in the windscreen. The result? A lighter body, with optimum cooling for the engine.

Haroldbee

You're not afraid it could start cracking at the windows pillars?
I have no fear of that happening--no fear, whatsoever. I've been working on polycarbonate, RC car bodies for years, and have never had bodies crack at those points. Common crack points have always been where the foam/plastic front bumper impacts the front of bodies.

designed2survive

I have no fear of that happening--no fear, whatsoever. I've been working on polycarbonate, RC car bodies for years, and have never had bodies crack at those points. Common crack points have always been where the foam/plastic front bumper impacts the front of bodies.

Alright, cool!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.