• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Life Pack in the stock Rx box...

nitrohobbiest

I need a new pack and I was figuring on the Hobbico 1900mah Life pack. It measures: 3.3 x 1.7 x 0.55" (83 x 44 x 14mm). I won't have my truck in my hands for several days and I want to order one soon so I'll be ready to go. Any help on either box dimensions or actual experience fitting one of these batteries or a whole other suggestion on a strong power source would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

nitrohobbiest

What servo are you running for the steering? I'm running the Hitec HS-805BB brand new and it doesn't seem to do very well. I may be to tall on the servo horn but its pretty pathetic. I was hoping to up my voltage a hair with a Life pack and hope it will give me enough power to get those wheels to turn. It moves freely unhooked so its not a binding issue. If my pack is really shot, I suppose another NiMh pack would do it but I think its not all that bad yet but it has a short life span. Its the stock pack from RedCat. I need to at least cycle it a few times.

cordy

I am running the stock servo so far . The 5000mah battery turns the wheels ok on the turff and off the turfff. I do have 805 servos in my other platforms and the 5000mah battery turns the wheels fine. Remember you cant drive a nail with a tac hammer.

nitrohobbiest

cordy said:
I am running the stock servo so far ... Remember you cant drive a nail with a tac hammer.
Believe me, I know what the limits are as far as steering power goes. I've been running and building all scales of R/C's for years. When I got this truck used, the stock servo twitched until it smoked up. So I ordered this Hitec as a replacement and hopes for a bump from stock performance. But it barely turns right unless under power (lighter front end as opposed to coasting) and left is basically fine. It also has a hard time centering with the truck off the ground. I was told from a Baja guy that his truck did the same thing with the same servo and dropping down a hole on the arm solved the problem. I haven't tried that yet but I also know that after 5 minutes of driving, my throttle servo had a hard time overcoming the return spring. I was assuming the battery was dying out already. I've been on vacation since so I haven't gotten to try cycling and recharging yet so there is a bit more experimenting to do. But I also want to have a battery that is strong and long lasting so it will keep up with the run time of the truck's tank capacity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.