• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Left side steering servo burnt up? Please Help!

MTMIKE

Replaced both steering servos and throttle servo yesterday. Little bit of buzzing noise from throttle servo. Everything was going well until today. I set it on the ground started the truck, drove it out of the garage and down the driveway. Turned it left then right was driving it back to me and smoke started pouring out of left side steering servo. After taking it back apart the bottom of the servo had a melted spot on it. WTH happened? You think it was a bad servo or something I did wrong?

Sorry for the long rant but this made me a little upset. 2 brand new Hitec

HS-5765-MH steering servo and one lasted less than 10 minutes.

designed2survive

MTMIKE said:
Replaced both steering servos and throttle servo yesterday. Little bit of buzzing noise from throttle servo. Everything was going well until today. I set it on the ground started the truck, drove it out of the garage and down the driveway. Turned it left then right was driving it back to me and smoke started pouring out of left side steering servo. After taking it back apart the bottom of the servo had a melted spot on it. WTH happened? You think it was a bad servo or something I did wrong?Sorry for the long rant but this made me a little upset. 2 brand new Hitec

HS-5765-MH steering servo and one lasted less than 10 minutes.
WOW! That's upsetting. Were the servos fighting each other? Steering linkage properly set up? At least it is still under warranty and you can get a replacement. Still very disappointing though.

MTMIKE

I don't think they were fight each other they seem to be fine on work bench. Just have a stock radio but do have a Futaba 3PM to replace it with. Not a lot of adjustments with stock radio.

MTMIKE

HiTec 5765 replacing 5755. Are you guys using a HFP-25 servo programmer when setting up dual servo's or can you do everything from your radio?

MTMIKE

Both steering servos are HV digital HS-5765MH. The new throttle servo is digital HS-7954SH. Not using Lipo batteries just Baja 5000mah 6v. Same thing I used with both 5755 servos.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts