• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Killer Bee switch

joe44276

I just received the switch. Was wondering how to install it. Directions are not to clear. Rampage Mt v3

the13bats

I have that switch on my chimera and it works well however i question its worth the higher cost over other imports, my KB had a little faded print under clear shrinkwrap which to me made it seem horribly cheap,
I have mine wired to flash the warning on my fog lights

Redredcat0223

Ya I had one on another car and now I have Rovan Rc’s on my custom XT build and it works absolutely flawless just like the killer bee,I will fun with rovan’s from now on but ya bud just watch that video,it’s easier than us writing it down and it really is simple to install !! You’ll figure it out,it doesn’t take long at all !!

the13bats

Im very OCD and trying to fit the KB its buzzer the rx and the wires to the lights and engine and battery all in the battery box never made me happy joy joy,

Also if i understand how KB works its not fool proof perfect

Redredcat0223

It’s supposed to be fool proof as soon as you get in trouble you hit that button on your 3rd channel and it kills the engine,that my friend is 100% fool proof also if your remote or receiver battery gets to low it kills the engine,fool proof. Lol.

the13bats

Lol? Not so fast...

I do believe for KB to stop the engine the wires from KB that go inside engine ( kill switch ) must be connected if it came loose while running then KB cant kill the engine ( i believe it would give warning ) if the wires arent connected so not "fool proof"

Think about in basic form how KB works it doesn't "kill" the engine it allows the engine to run, if you have KB correctly installed but rx off the engine will not start but unplug engine from KB it will start, that collaborates my above thoughts.

You can test on yours to confirm this for yourself.

Years back, we used 2 rxs one for throttle one for rudder 2 battery packs thinking we wouldnt loose both functions at the same time.

Redredcat0223

I guess m,I solder all my connections especially the ones the go into the motor and it is supposed to also engage the factory fail safe which locks up the brakes but I’ve never heard of those wires even falling off accidentally but mine def couldn’t being soldered,hope you never have that happen to you and you have safe runs!!!Good chattin with you brotha!!!

the13bats

My point was nothing is 100% fool proof, yet.
We were discussing an engine kill not brakes,
Ive been into the rc hobby since the 70s even worked in it but it wasnt my profession, ive personally never had a run a way careful and lucky i guess because ive seen others who appeared careful have issues.

Things have come a long way with rc and we never will know everything.

Redredcat0223

Ya I hear ya,I think the whole thing is about stopping the Rc car when you need too,whichever way you need too. Lol I’ve never had one either but have also seen some and the ones I’ve seen didn’t have kill switches and I really do consider mine fool proof ,I always make sure my wires are ran correctly and soldered not but connected and all my batteries are charged before I run each time,if I thought I need to shut it down,I just hit the switch on my remote,I mean if you wana get down right into it ,shit the person runnin the car could have a heart attack. Lol you know what I mean but realistically thier fool proof,to each his own,Have fun!!!

the13bats

Not sure why you are hung up on this, i assure you its not personal, but no RC is "fool proof" if you believe they are you are fooling yourself, its all good, im done with this.

Redredcat0223

Cool bro I tried to be done with this stupid conversation a few times,reread the post but you always had to say something else or I guess have the last word and when you reread try and notice how I was nice to you everytime I got done writing,not a dick like your being!!!I still don’t get your little theory that the killer b doesn't kill the engine because that’s 100% what it dies when you hit the 3rd channel button on your remote ,it kills the motor and won’t start again until you reset it,Wtf!! And the pull start cover is designed to really not let those wires pop off,you might wana research your shit some more!!But again I’ll try to say nice chatting with you ,even though now it definitely wasn’t and you sir have a blessed day. Lol. Oh ya there are multiple different ways to take lol,look that u too since you seem confused about it,fuckin people!!!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts