• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Killer Bee Kill Switch Issue

mysonisarhino

I reviewed some threads and couldn't find an answer, so here goes another Killer Bee question. I purchase a Killer Bee v2 kill switch for my Rampage MT several years ago and could never get it working right...always applies full throttle when transmitter power is cut. The truck has been on the shelf for many years, and my boys have recently taken interest in it, so I'd like to get the kill switch working properly. I followed this video--https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-syEGLTqMog. The Killer Bee is connected to my steering channel with a splitter to both steering servers. I re-binded my stock 2C transmitter and stock receiver, but each time the transmitter power is cut, the throttle server opens to full throttle. Both the steering and throttle are set to the reverse position on the transmitter. I'm not sure how to set it to apply the brakes instead. Can you help me? Do I need a Super Bee instead of a Killer Bee??? Thanks for the help!

mysonisarhino

So it appears the receiver’s built in failsafe wasn’t set correctly. I applied the brakes while holding in the receiver failsafe button to reset it. Now the brakes are applied when I cut the transmitter power. I’m good to go now.

G-Man

I reviewed some threads and couldn't find an answer, so here goes another Killer Bee question. I purchase a Killer Bee v2 kill switch for my Rampage MT several years ago and could never get it working right...always applies full throttle when transmitter power is cut. The truck has been on the shelf for many years, and my boys have recently taken interest in it, so I'd like to get the kill switch working properly. I followed this video--https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-syEGLTqMog. The Killer Bee is connected to my steering channel with a splitter to both steering servers. I re-binded my stock 2C transmitter and stock receiver, but each time the transmitter power is cut, the throttle server opens to full throttle. Both the steering and throttle are set to the reverse position on the transmitter. I'm not sure how to set it to apply the brakes instead. Can you help me? Do I need a Super Bee instead of a Killer Bee??? Thanks for the help!
It sounds like you have the failsafe installed and calibrated in reverse. The failsafe is meant to apply the brakes not the throttle. Now the failsafe should not be confused with the Killer RC Superbee remote killswitch. They are two different components. I don't use a failsafe. Just don't trust it. You can take the failsafe out and just solely use the Killer RC Superbee. The owner Kent of Killer RC changed the name of his remote killswitch a few years ago. It sounds like you have the correct killswitch it just has the older name. Is the killswitch shutting your engine off when you tell it to?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts