• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Kermit Mods.

Deluge

rampage idiot said:
Man that sucks bummer to hear!!!!!!!!! :mad: QUESTION any of you guys out there got losis or hpi 2 or 3 times as much money up front are they better, worse or about the same? :cool:
I've put more money into my MT, than my 5T. And I don't really upgrade unless it's necessary. So I'd say the Baja is a bit more durable out of the box.

dave pettigrew

the baja is ten times the machine redcat ever will be, i run mine all the time, the redcat cant even get a tank in with out a failure. im currently rebuilding my rampage with many mods we will see if hold up but i got my doubts. id never buy another redcat , just get a baja . id buy a severy used baja before id buy another redcat it will be more reliable

dave pettigrew

lets do the math on the redcat purchase 540.00, pipe breaks 190.00. servos die 90.00 and 40.00tire foams give out in a few tanks hpi adapters and tires 200.00. bottle of loctite 10.00 air filter is garbage another 40.00. carb is also junk 55.00. wheelbearings so another 150.00 in aluminum and bearings so thats a grand total of $1115 plus shipping on all these parts . this isnt counting upgrading the gears . this is why everyone i know thinks redcat is junk and i have found out for myself - JUNK

dave pettigrew

the hpi consistes of quality hardware unlike the redcat. im suprised the body isnsnt held on with a grub screw lol. oh yeah i forgot everybearing on the car plus $60 so $1175 into a pos you couldnt give away on craigslist for$250 lol

metal finisher

Contributor
oops battery died there goes my hpi right into a tree damn now i gota buy a chassis and many other parts plus shipping o well thats why i love this hobby

Deluge

I think the Losi has pretty much filled the void that HPI didn't address. Now it looks like AE is getting into the 5th scale scene, so that should be interesting. Either way, HPI is late to the 4x4 party.

G

rampage idiot said:
:eek:BOY looks like I stirred up a hornets nest for sure
desismileys_0295.gif For Sure..LOL

All the haters in world couldn't change my mind. I love every one of my cats. I also love every platform I've ever bought. I am lucky enough to say I have not had as many issues as some. Maybe because I spend as much time upgrading as driving. :D

Upgrading is necessary for any platform. The harder you drive it & the more power you throw into it, the more it will need to be upgraded.

Ildy666

Its good to have a little pot stirring.it makes the forum a little bit more interesting...if u know what i mean

rampage idiot

RCDAD said:
desismileys_0295.gif For Sure..LOL All the haters in world couldn't change my mind. I love every one of my cats. I also love every platform I've ever bought. I am lucky enough to say I have not had as many issues as some. Maybe because I spend as much time upgrading as driving. :D

Upgrading is necessary for any platform. The harder you drive it & the more power you throw into it, the more it will need to be upgraded.
Could not agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts