• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Kermit Mods.

Trip..

Day One.

I noticed a plastic bag with a couple black plastic pieces and some screws. Being the inquisitive type I set out to figure out where these went. I think I figured it out.

42c02e26.jpg

Well these look pretty cool and I imagine they would help to stiffen the front end, I wish I could figure out how to make some for the rear as well.

OK So now the body won't fit because of the braces. Time to bust out the tin snips and get to work. After I got the body to fit, I grabbed the Dremel and a sanding drum to clean up all the cuts. I think it turned out pretty decent.

95006283.jpg

f5398777.jpg

Trip..

3a7519f2.jpg

I figured while I had the drum attached, I may as well fix the horrible square cutouts for the kill switch and recoil, if these are left square, I fear it will crack, so I rounded them out.

7e094389.jpg

1f7729c9.jpg

Here's Kermit hanging out with his older brother. I don't have a name for the Marder.

0fae4395.jpg

I think that's enough for today, more to come when I can get the time.

DUFFY

Looks great, I'm happy some one figured Plasitic things out, I threw mine away I think lol.

G

The braces come installed on the Xseries trucks. They are left off the buggies so ya get 'em in a bag. Lol

Nice trimm'n

ChuenouXiao

I have to do this to my XB but once I can.... I will... btw.... did it came with everything you need? You just need to release both screw and tightening them in? OR did you use another screw?

Trip..

It came with two plastic braces, two alloy spacers and two screws, everything need to do the job, but I had to trim the body quite a bit to make it fit.

It took me a good 5 minutes to figure out where they went, the plastic braces look the same but are symmetrically oppisite. I was hoping they'd fit on the rear where the chassis is the weakest and has the most weight/stress.

Trip..

Are the rears supposed to come with it? I see they sell them for 8 bux. I would be interested in trying them, but I'd rather have them in aluminum.

Deluge

I don't think they're supposed to come with rears. If I remember correctly, they include the front ones so you can convert the buggy to a truck, if you wanted to.

Trip..

That's good info Deluge, as per usual. You're awesome Man!

I was playing with the rear part of the chassis last night and I see this buggy needs more than a few simple plastic posts to support the rear of the chassis. We need something that ties the rear shock tower to the motor, that's the only way I can see to strengthen the floppy rear end. I stuck a 3mm allen driver in-between the rear supports and the motor and tried to flex the chassis and it worked perfectly... Now I need to fabricate it...

Trip..

...Back to the Kermit mods!

I just received a beautifully hideous chrome Dino Worm!

5541b58a.jpg

ebbd7c28.jpg

ce8c148b.jpg

Allright, I know it's ugly, but so is my ex... But I still love them both.

The pipe install was very simple and straight-forward. Just yank your shitty pipe and bolt in this one.

I won't get into performance tonight, I will cover that tomorrow. ...But tonight I will cover the SOUND of this Kick-Ass pipe.

I have a JetPro silenced version 1 on my FG Monster Truck and I also have a silenced pipe on my FG Marder buggy. They both sound about the same... They sound like a 125cc dirt bike. Poppy, but authoritative.

This pipe, on the other hand, does not. This pipe sounds like the pipes on my Polaris snowmobile. It has a deep throaty sound with a bassy rumble. The idle is chilling, but the sound of the throttle revving is flat-out un-nerving. F**kin awesome!

I won't go too much into it tonight, but I will say I am flat out impressed, borderline amazed. The addition of a JetPro pipe on my FG's was great, but predictable. This pipe is anything but predictable... It was just a short blast up and down the drive, but all four tires were spinning on the asphalt like nothing, much more power than I was expecting!

I'll film it in the AM... Tonight I'm pooped from the second job.

Trip..

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Trip.. said:
That's good info Deluge, as per usual. You're awesome Man!I was playing with the rear part of the chassis last night and I see this buggy needs more than a few simple plastic posts to support the rear of the chassis. We need something that ties the rear shock tower to the motor, that's the only way I can see to strengthen the floppy rear end. I stuck a 3mm allen driver in-between the rear supports and the motor and tried to flex the chassis and it worked perfectly... Now I need to fabricate it...
I've always wanted to build a custom cage for my XB. Haven't found the time. I look forward to what you come up with.

G

Trip.. said:
I just received a beautifully hideous chrome Dino Worm! 5541b58a.jpg

ebbd7c28.jpg

ce8c148b.jpg

Allright, I know it's ugly, but so is my ex... But I still love them both.

The pipe install was very simple and straight-forward. Just yank your shitty pipe and bolt in this one.

I won't get into performance tonight, I will cover that tomorrow. ...But tonight I will cover the SOUND of this Kick-Ass pipe.

I have a JetPro silenced version 1 on my FG Monster Truck and I also have a silenced pipe on my FG Marder buggy. They both sound about the same... They sound like a 125cc dirt bike. Poppy, but authoritative.

This pipe, on the other hand, does not. This pipe sounds like the pipes on my Polaris snowmobile. It has a deep throaty sound with a bassy rumble. The idle is chilling, but the sound of the throttle revving is flat-out un-nerving. F**kin awesome!

I won't go too much into it tonight, but I will say I am flat out impressed, borderline amazed. The addition of a JetPro pipe on my FG's was great, but predictable. This pipe is anything but predictable... It was just a short blast up and down the drive, but all four tires were spinning on the asphalt like nothing, much more power than I was expecting!

I'll film it in the AM... Tonight I'm pooped from the second job.

Trip..
desismileys_6171.gif Jetpro makes some great pipes for the Cats.

Trip..

Oh man I can't wait to bust this bitch out in the morning! The sound of this pipe makes me giggle! My FG M/T pipe has an awesome dirtbike sound, but this thing just sounds so different.

It's funny, Dino told me they were the company that built my PSI pipes for my Polaris triple and as soon as I heard Kermit roar to life, I believed every word Dino told me!

Just awesome!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.