• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Just took delivery of my mt

Hemikidd

so as titile says i just took delivery yesterday 5/8 did the full break in as book says went to a baseball field local and was on the grass and field not full thorttle at all seemed fine. today 5/9 went to use it and i was getting a red status light, then it cleared then all of a sudden i hear the what appears the servo to be making a clicking sound i coulndt steer or do anything, i didnt start the car i left it for a few then re connected the battery servos made noise but it was letting me steer so before i started the car i did an inspection and noticed the rubber boot for the exhaust to the pipe was ripped in half bare in mind i have 10 min of run time on a brand new truck , so i started the car and the throttle servo was going from open to close in netreul i shut the car down and the throttle was still going on and brake on and brake . this is not even a day old and im having these problems already? ive waited a very long time to bite the bullet and buy one of these when they came back in stock and if this is the quality im VERY unhappy!

realtee30

Just to give you an insight about these MT's. When I brought mines brand new about a year ago, straight out the box, I disassembled it all the way down to the chassis plate. Didn't try to start the motor or power up the servos. I sold the motor, servos, controller, and various other parts. After reading several blogs about the issues with these MT's, I decided to eliminate those issues from the jump. I then replaced everything I sold off of it with better quality parts from an OBR motor to Savox servos to a Futaba radio system. Suspension and drivetrain has been upgraded to all aluminum parts. To make along story short, these Mt's are cheaply made. Being saying that, if your gonna go the long haul with your MT, your gonna have to invest in it with better parts because the factory stuff won't last long at all if that. I built my MT to outlast me.......

Last edited:

realtee30

Here's my long term investment in my MT.

Attachments

• 20200924_144508.jpg
    20200924_144508.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200924_145355.jpg
    20200924_145355.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200924_145423.jpg
    20200924_145423.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 17

Hemikidd

Here's my long term investment in my MT.
that thing is bad ass, im new to all this kinda stuff so im not sure what to get and change, i want to do the single servo i hear about for the steering im assuming? but idk where to get one and which on and what parts ill need to make it work. are the servos plug and play or there wiring to be done? if you can help me out id appreciate that with the servos ill upgrade them and do what needs to be done to make sure this truck stays healthy and working

Sammy41855

I have an MT. First off they are not put together well and are far from ready to run. Before I even attempted to run it. I bought a set of Fasteddy bearings, aluminum (front, rear & center) differentials, an all steel tuned pipe, an aluminum air filter, and a Killer RC super bee kill switch. The fail safe switch Redcat gives you is garbage! I also vented the gas cap and bought a 3 channel radio (to operate the kill switch properly) and got a better throttle servo, I took the whole truck apart right down to the chassis and loctited (242 loctite) every metal to metal connection. I sold all the stock parts I took off of it on eBay (including the radio, receiver and servos. I also have an FG 1/5 scale truck I've had it for over 12 years now with just about zero problems with the exception of regular wear and tear normal things (such as tires, spark plugs and general maintenance) that truck came ready to run too and believe me it "was" ready to run. You can't beat German technology. However those trucks are not easy to get parts for which was why I bought a Redcat. They're very easy to get parts for but they need a little tweaking to get them up and running so they're dependable. Also their company is very good at correcting any problems you may incur. My friend had one for 6 months and broke a crankshaft in half and Redcat sent him a brand new motor. Just be patient with it, loctite "all" metal to metal parts and get the basis parts I lised in this post and you should be good to go.

realtee30

that thing is bad ass, im new to all this kinda stuff so im not sure what to get and change, i want to do the single servo i hear about for the steering im assuming? but idk where to get one and which on and what parts ill need to make it work. are the servos plug and play or there wiring to be done? if you can help me out id appreciate that with the servos ill upgrade them and do what needs to be done to make sure this truck stays healthy and working
If I where you, I would stick with the dual servo setup. Those factory rims and tires are heavy, there fore putting a lot of stress on the servos. Two servo can handle a lot more handling than one servo. I have the dual servo setup on mine. The servo setup is plug n play.

realtee30

What replacement servos are you using?
I'm using the Hobby Star 1/5 scale size servos. They are high voltage as well. I'm running a 7.4 volt control system.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online