• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Just got my XBE in and had some questions.

DemonRC

1) The connectors look fine to me. Anybody have any problems with the stock connectors? I was wondering if I should stick with em or upgrade.

2) This might sound silly but I don't have an instruction manual explaining the charger/balancer. Is it a overnight charger that charges through the battery's balance plug? I just need it so I can run tommorrow at work. I'll have to head down to the LHS Saturday and build me a connector so I can charge on my real charger.

3) Did you guys get a manual on the operation of the ESC? I only got a parts manual.

4) The XBE backend is rock solid. I had a theory that all the rear diff case failures were due to rear end flex on the XB. Any of you XBE guys having rear diff failures?

Obeast44

Banned
DemonRC said:
1) The connectors look fine to me. Anybody have any problems with the stock connectors? I was wondering if I should stick with em or upgrade.2) This might sound silly but I don't have an instruction manual explaining the charger/balancer. Is it a overnight charger that charges through the battery's balance plug? I just need it so I can run tommorrow at work. I'll have to head down to the LHS Saturday and build me a connector so I can charge on my real charger.

3) Did you guys get a manual on the operation of the ESC? I only got a parts manual.

4) The XBE backend is rock solid. I had a theory that all the rear diff case failures were due to rear end flex on the XB. Any of you XBE guys having rear diff failures?
1) The stock 4mm bullets are fine. If you buy any different batteries, like Zippy or Turnigy they use 5.5mm bullets. So I would recommend switching over to those on the ESC.

2) The little charge charges/balances through the balance plug. Its SLOW but really reliable and accurate. Its a decent charger to keep around to help save a 3s pack thats really out of balance.

3) The ESC manual can be found here:

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manual/HW-13-80-v2-e.pdf

But I recommend getting the professional programming box. It make things SO much easier. Its here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F01861-Hobbywing-2-1-Advanced-Professional-LCD-Program-Box-ESC-Car-Heli-/140625146341?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bde971e5#ht_4373wt_1396

4) Not had a failure at all, and haven't heard of any XB-e diff case failures.

xbeNewb

+1 on everything Obeast said

I actually prefer the bullet connectors over deans plugs

I run sky lipo and gens ace packs and they came with the same plugs as stock

I beat the you know what out of my xbe and my rear gear box is fine

DemonRC

I ended up ordering 4x 3s 40C Sky Lipo's. I didn't even pay attention to the plug. Hopefully they come with the same connectors. I also bit the bullet and picked up that Thunder T6 charger so I can charge all 4 at the same time. It's supposed to be a good charger.

Also, I think my rear diff theory was correct. I'll find out this weekend when I start jumping this thing. I can wreck a rear diff case in one day in my XB if I jump it too much. I'll jump the hell outta the XBE this weekend and if the gearbox is still together it's because of all the XBE support back there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImminentFailure

Maybe a combination of the support, plus the fact there's no motor in it? So much less weight being imparted/brought to a stop when landing all sorts of ways. I think the gas tank filled, plus all the gears / linkage you take out weighs as much as the BL motor/ESC and 2 batts.

I've been thinking of going XBE myself, as i love electric in all my other RC's. Excited that Demon has one to bash and report in on!

auto2

our local track had a "end of the season" long jump contest. i did 70 feet landed on all fours and drove away. the only diff problem i had was a broken drive cup at the pin from doing burn outs on the street.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online