• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Jumping the TT

smoedog

Contributor
Man, how do you guys jump this thing?

I took my tt out to the local bmx track and was going off the jumps. nothing crazy like flying to the moon, just clearing the table tops and what not.

But everytime i left the jump it was instant front flip lol. I took all the preload out of the rear springs and added like 1/2 inch to the fronts and it helped a bit. I was gonna try to max out the rear wing but that came off after the first front flip.

I tried everything i knew about jumping. kept the throttle pegged ( but let go before i landed to spare the diff cups)

So what you guys do to keep her level.

krashkrieg

Contributor
I haven't jumped mine yet, but from the videos I've seen on UTube OB is spot on. Looks like if the jump is angled to through the car in a more upward angle, the truck has just enough time to level out.

This is one example. (Also the video that sealed the deal to get one!)

[ame]

[/ame]

Ron E

Contributor
accelerate up the face of the jump and keep the power on while she's in the air, let off before it lands though or drivline failure WILL happen. this is your best bet to keep her from nose diving.

you beat me krash, I went to get a link to that exact video, came back and ya had it... great example of jumping the pig, and ya that truck is awesome... it rips. listen to the throttle and when he lets off while it's in the air.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin

I also noticed that, if you look some Rampage video you will see they almost always nose diving when jumping.

Mine is not too bad for jumping, I always landed flat or a little on the front, but never on the rear, to help I have a rear pipe, beafier rear drive train, smaller wheel on front, and thinner oil in rear shock.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Ron E said:
you beat me krash, I went to get a link to that exact video, came back and ya had it... great example of jumping the pig, and ya that truck is awesome... it rips. listen to the throttle and when he lets off while it's in the air.
Hell yeah that thing rips...He does have an Earth Surfer 30.5 in that thing though...I need one of those soon!

Ron E

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
I slow down right before the jump, accelerate up the ramp and keep it pinned in the air. Let go right before hitting terra firma.
exactly.......

the time I drove at largescalerc's race track I had to learn this quickly, after a few nose dives I got it down. with this method I was able to clear the main straight triple jump and land it nicely, most the time. :rolleyes: :D

Ron E

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Least you could land ON the track...unlike me :D
Hahaha
I cart-wheeled a few times, broke the steering servo arm, Bob got me going again, landed it nicely 4 times then landed on the left frt wheel and cartwheeled again... :D I called it a day before I tore my truck up. It was fun, but deff something that requires practice, the more you do it the smoother it goes.

also, your truggy has 2x the hp as my sc truck... much harder to drive and the track was very dry hardpack, no traction.

scaremonger

In my opinion there is no fixing the jumping problem. All the things metioned above are correct and do help the pig jump better, but the thing is that this truck is not good for jumping. The weight distribution and the momentum of the engine is what i belive cause this pig to jump that way. i have been fighting this issue for a while and my solution will come soon. BUt... Nanoali has found a way to make this truck fly. http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=3477.

nanoali

and here is the original sound and speed of the video. you can hear and figure where accelerate and cut off the throtle.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4OnDFrp7xk&feature=channel]Normal speed and original sound[/ame]

smoedog

Contributor
hmmm, the only thing i can think with that video is since it was a flat faced jump when he was hitting it, going from the grass to the jump, preloaded the front suspenion and as he was leaving the ramp face it was unloading keeping the nose up.

But the jumps i was trying had a smooth rounded transition and rounded lip, allowing the nose to start dropping before the rear got off the ramp.

*off topic* In that video is that the MT truck body on the TT?

nanoali

thats my stock tt with monster track body and bumper with excavator tires.

LEADFOOT

smoedog said:
Man, how do you guys jump this thing?
I took my tt out to the local bmx track and was going off the jumps. nothing crazy like flying to the moon, just clearing the table tops and what not.

But everytime i left the jump it was instant front flip lol. I took all the preload out of the rear springs and added like 1/2 inch to the fronts and it helped a bit. I was gonna try to max out the rear wing but that came off after the first front flip.

I tried everything i knew about jumping. kept the throttle pegged ( but let go before i landed to spare the diff cups)

So what you guys do to keep her level.
TRY PUTTING ABOUT 1 LB. OF LEAD (GOOD STARTING POINT)

INSTALLED AT THE REAR OF THE CHASSIS - THIS WILL SHIFT YOUR C.G. BACKWARD, AND KEEP YOUR NOSE FROM DROPPING PAST THE

'NO-RETURN' INTO THE FORWARD FLIP - THIS SHOULD KEEP YOU ON YOUR FEET :cool:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.