• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Is the stock 'tuned pipr' that comes with the xt any good?

mark leenheer

My XT came with that T shaped exhaust they call a tuned pipe, is this anywhere near as good performance wise as the best tuned pipes for this truck?

Thanks!

I think for what its worth the pipe does its job...crappy aluminum though, i polished the pipe up and the lightest touch against it bends the muffler...im gonna try out the xcan..

ImminentFailure

x-can is just as good as a stock hi-flow 5t can as far as i could tell. Don't waste 1/2 the cost of a tuned pipe on it. I used a jetpro for a bit from a TT for my XT until I found a buyer, you wont look back. Any true tuned pipe will blow your mind compared to the stock doohicki. Do your self a fav, save up, go tuned, don't look back.

mark leenheer said:
Thanks guys, so they call it an Xcan?Yeah I am def getting a pipe, just want a good one :)
No an xcan is something less exp..but ive been doing some searching and it looks like everyone here is saying same thing JETPRO!! I think im going to take the advice and see what the jets about you should go same route lol...its really up to you but im hearing real power gains are in the following mufflers

ImminentFailure

Also if you don't want chrome, you can call Dino at JetPro. He sells the XT ones raw for $149 shipped, vs. chrome for $189 shipped. You will have to paint it with a hi-temp paint used for grill/bbq's to protect the metal.

He also recommends the side mount all day. It has a massive mounting bracket. The rear mount is more exposed, be I think if you talk to him he'll get you hardware to extend the stock bumper out. If you don't run on crowded tracks were you run the risk of being rear ended by other 1/5 scales, the rear has a touch more performance.

Keith81

I run a Jetpro on my TT and a CPI on my MT PRO...

The Jetpro sounds so nasty, like a 2 stroke dirt bike, its LOUD...

:D

Triggerman77

Contributor
EF8Sick said:
No an xcan is something less exp..but ive been doing some searching and it looks like everyone here is saying same thing JETPRO!! I think im going to take the advice and see what the jets about you should go same route lol...its really up to you but im hearing real power gains are in the following mufflers
I run DDM Dominator side pipe !1 And i love it My Beast is Nasty

Deluge

You can fit a rear exit pipe with some modification. But as far as I know they don't make one specifically for the Rampage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts