• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Is the HPI air filter any better?

jonivtec

Does HPI air filter kit instead of the stock redcat one really improve something??

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
I've always been pleased with the HPI air filter, large, easy to clean and does a great job. Maybe add an outerwears pre-filter and you're golden.

G-Man

Does HPI air filter kit instead of the stock redcat one really improve something??
Yes the air filtration is much better using the hpi baja filter. One of the biggest things to get the inner filter sealed is putting a thin layer of synthetic grease on the base of the inner filter so when it is slid on the filter housing it seals at the base. Then put an outerwares on the outside. Also I use an angled shred stack from ddm racing to tilt the filter housing up a little bit for ease of access

20180426_223353.jpg 20180427_235313.jpg

G-Man

20170428_212223.jpg See the air filter? The angled shred stack is what the filter clips to. The shred tilts up the filter for ease of replacing the filter and helps keep the filter from hitting the linkage. Necessary? ? Man I don't know I thought it would be useful. The clip can be a pain with it tilted. Then a bit of a hard time getting the outerwears on etc. Your choice man..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.