• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Is anyone working on a 2 speed?

mooman007uk

Banned
I know redcat listen to what rampagers want and act on it...how many of you want a 2 speed?

I know I do..would never run my FGbaja again without it

Come on redcat give us a 2 speed!

BOOTS

i think two speeds on this scale are unreliable, im happy with the speed of my rampage. in saying this if there were a two speed avalible i would most probably buy it too

Clubin

Banned
With the style of drive sued, I think it would be real tough. FG has been trying a 2 speed for years now, as soon as you try put some power through it you'll be looking for parts.

That being said I too would buy one if they make one.

mooman007uk

Banned
Only trouble i've had with my fg 2speed is the catch pin in the 2nd gear carrier snaps with lots of power. Easy upgrade, i just punched it out- drilled out the hole and pressed smooth part of a shock screw thru and cut it off with a dremel, it's about 1mm bigger and i've had no problems since..in 6mths.

It shifts the same way the nitros do with a centrifigul dog that gets thrown outward and catches the pin...pretty basic but solid design. you do need steel pinions though and i run plastic spurs no probs.

I like having the option of gearing without having to compromise either acceleration or top end.

I reckon using skinnier steel gears a+b with the hub machined into the gear so it's one piece and catch pin pressed into 2nd gear/hub I reckon there's room (I've seen some Fg steel one piece hubs/gears on ebay.co.uk last week. wish i had access to a machine shop

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts