• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Intermittent Spark

Mikeyost12

I have not been able to get my Rampage MT, which I purchased less than a month ago, to run the last couple days. When pulling the cord, the motor does not even pop like it is trying to start. The spark plug was pulled and grounded to the engine block to check for spark. The first 3/4 pulls I did not see a spark, then after that, I started to get a little spark but not with every pull. The spark is very intermittent. I just need to know what your thoughts are on what is going on and what I should do to fix it?

Dusty

Could be a faulty coil but holding to the engines block shouldn’t give you spark . It’s a cast aluminum block and head . Need to check off something actually metal . I just had to replace my coil ,it drooped out in the middle of stage 4 of break in and engine just died ... went through every thing imaginable from checking switch you name it I checked it then said screw it and just held hot end of spark plug in hand and gave it a couple good but slow pulls of the cord . NOTHING . Turned in a warranty to redcat on their site and had a new coil in hand a week later .

Phill

Grounding
Could be a faulty coil but holding to the engines block shouldn’t give you spark . It’s a cast aluminum block and head . Need to check off something actually metal . I just had to replace my coil ,it drooped out in the middle of stage 4 of break in and engine just died ... went through every thing imaginable from checking switch you name it I checked it then said screw it and just held hot end of spark plug in hand and gave it a couple good but slow pulls of the cord . NOTHING . Turned in a warranty to redcat on their site and had a new coil in hand a week later .

Grounding on aluminium will work as it's a conductor.
Before you chuck the coil check the gap at the flywheel.
You should be able to slip a business card in there snugly.
It may have moved from vibration.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts